sister wanting to give notice
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

Default sister wanting to give notice

My sister is wanting some advice on giving a parent notice. The parent never says thankyou, always looks down her nose at my sister plus lots of other little niggly bits and to top it all off has sent an aweful text.
    My sister informed parents this morning that she had been up all night with V&D and that a full refund will be givenll other parents were fine with this except this one parent who has been hard work from day one. The parent sent a text back to her saying "thanyou for informing me but I do not have anymore leave left and so I will be off work un paid." Not hope your better soon...... This has been the final straw for my sister who now wants to give her notice but doesn't know how to word it.
    As I haven't been in this situation myself I wanted your views please people.
    Many thanks Janet x

Registered Childminder since
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: sister wanting to give notice

Just keep it brief and tell her not to feel she has to justify it

Dear X

Due to a change in circumstances it is with regret that I am informing you of my intention to terminate the contract for the care of.... The contract states a notice period of 4 weeks, therefore the last day of care will be...

I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for your custom, it has been a pleasure caring for X

Regards

july 08
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Hi Janet ,
    Sorry your sister is having to endure this attitude , and good for her that she's getting rid . Luckily most parents have more respect....

How about:
    Dear (parent),
    Due to your offensive attitude and disregard for both my economic and physical well being ...

Sorry, I'll try that again:
    Due to personal circumstances I am giving you formal notice to end our contract regarding childcare for ****.
    The last day of attendance will be ****. The final payment will be £***, and due by ******.
    Regards,
    (your sister)

She doesn't need to give a reason at all and can simply say "they are personal circumstances which I'm not prepared to discuss. I have given you 4 weeks notice as required in the contract." if verbally challenged.

If the parent is a late payer / quibbler, it might be a good idea to enclose photocopies of the contract and your sister's fees and payments policy, if she has one, with the relevant bits highlighted....

Hope this helps and your poor sis is feeling better soon

bws,
    Wendy

Ex CM
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Non childminder member
    01/01/09
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by janet sweetpea View Post
    My sister is wanting some advice on giving a parent notice. The parent never says thankyou, always looks down her nose at my sister plus lots of other little niggly bits and to top it all off has sent an aweful text.
    My sister informed parents this morning that she had been up all night with V&D and that a full refund will be givenll other parents were fine with this except this one parent who has been hard work from day one. The parent sent a text back to her saying "thanyou for informing me but I do not have anymore leave left and so I will be off work un paid." Not hope your better soon...... This has been the final straw for my sister who now wants to give her notice but doesn't know how to word it.
    As I haven't been in this situation myself I wanted your views please people.
    Many thanks Janet x
    Does your sister have any backup childminders? But anyway, it sounds like she is better off without that parent
    Need a laugh? Visit my website: www.unclegargy.deviantART.com