Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    MAY 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    good
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Parent waiting on her CRB Check so no start date

Just recently registered and had a stroke of luck as had two sets of parents both sign up with me for two full-timers and a sibling part-timer!!!!

However the one set of parents, the mome, is waiting on crb to come bk prior to starting work at local hospital and when we met she indicated she was looking for a start date of either 16th or 23rd august.
    However next monday is only few days away and still no sign of the crbs moving out of stage 4 for her.

what do i do? This could go on for weeks potentially. Do i say i may need a weekly retainer of half the weeks normal fees to cover me as i am now telling other potential parents i am full so i could be missing out on others?
    We have signed contracts with start date of 23rd but it wont be this now and with no definate date i feel in limbo........

Other parent starts 27th Sept so no problems there

Sorry for mumbling on
    Live life to the full

Jul 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Satisfactory
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Parent waiting on her CRB Check so no start date

When my CRB was at stage 4 I ignored Ofsted's advice of letting them chase it at 60 days, etc, and I rang the local police force. They had a unit that deals with CRBs at that stage and I was put straight through to someone who was really helpful and made sure mine was done that day! I received my clearance the same week, so it's definitely worth her ringing the local police.

I would ask for a retainer and explain that you'll obviously be losing wages because she's signed a contract for that date.... although doesn't the contract being signed means she has to pay full price????? I'm new to this too, so not quite sure, but someone else will probably know.
    xxx

MAY 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    good
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Louise B.
    I think I will mention this to her end of this week when we are close to the start date as I dont want to be too pushy but at same time I need her to understand we cannot bumble along.

I think you are right too about retainer at full price.
    I am quite happy for her to pay half though but i just need to get this message across to her that I am telling potential parents I am now full and although its a nice feeling to have, I am still not over the moon yet until i am actually in the throes of minding children.

I shall be tactful but straight to the point without upsetting them (too much lol).

Live life to the full

Aug 94
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

I think you will be daft to insist on a retainer as she may leave you and then the crb come though imminently

hang in there and enjoy the rest before the bedlam starts
    Debbie

MAY 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    good
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Debbie, that is my biggest fear as this is a really good contract.
    One fulltime and one part-time brother and sister.

I only have 5 weeks before my other full-timer starts so as you say maybe enjoy the break before chaos erupts hahaha.

I read all the wonderful posts and comments on here and the support everyone offers each other and knew by posting this concern you guys would help me through this, and being my first mindee or mindees I wanted to make sure I went about things the right way.

Thanks girls
    Live life to the full