Temporary care - 3/4 days
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Temporary care - 3/4 days

Hi

I'm hoping you can help, i'm a recently registered childminder, and have had my first call from a potential parent.

They are coming to see me tomorrow with the possibilty of their 8 month old daughter starting on Monday for 3/4 days.

What do i do for a short term contract, is there anywhere i can get a copy from?

I'm in a state of shock that someone has at last rung me after all this time since starting on the whole childminder road.

Many thanks

Registered Childminder since
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Temporary care - 3/4 days

For just a few days, I don't do a contract but make sure an 'information for childminder' form is filled out - enjoy!

Sept 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by funemnx View Post
    For just a few days, I don't do a contract but make sure an 'information for childminder' form is filled out - enjoy!
    Don't you need to do a contract for insurance to be valid? I wouldn't look after someone else's child without insurance in place.

I use the short term contracts from NCMA, they come in a book of 4 - I know that's probably not much help for Monday but it may be worth buying some so you've got them for another time.

I've done a couple of short term contracts and I also get them to complete the child record form so you have medical details, permission slips, a child information sheet which I have written myself and a copy of all policies that are relevant for short term care.

It's a lot of paperwork and time for a short period but my network adviser recommended I to do this to cover myself.

For this reason and because there's no notice period I also charge a higher hourly rate than normal (although both of mine have been through children's services - they're willing to pay a higher rate anyway)
    Cazz x

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks.

I'm in Wales and i don't think NCMA do a Welsh version of the short term contract, well i can't see any in their shop - typically.

I'll have to see whether i can work out some kind of short term contract for now

Post Thanks / Like

Just thought as i'm insured via NCMA i'm going to have to use their contract any way, just seems a bit overkill to use a full normal one.

Dec 08
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I would always have a contract. I made a 1 page contract which included everything I needed, then a contact form and a permission form.
    Paula

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks, going to try and put together a contract now.

I'm understanding that you will still be insured by NCMA with your own contract, you just don't have access to there legal service if you have any problems with the contract.