All paperwork in one folder???
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    Jan 10
    Post Thanks / Like

Default All paperwork in one folder???

Is it acceptable for all the paperwork for each child to be kept in one file?

I was thinking of getting a lever arch file and keeping childs learning journey, child records, contract, permissions etc all in one one file in a lockable cabinet.

I'm so unorganised thought this may keep me more so and won't loose anything. Thanks

Non childminder member
    lazy bum!
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: All paperwork in one folder???

I had 2 folders per child

each had a learning journal that was kept in one filing cabinet draw, this was shared with children and parents, some were sent home every few months to share.

each had their own paperwork folders in which I placed everything including accidents, attendance, medication, communication logs and so on.

If you do keep your LJ with your other paperwork you can not send it home to share. Parents are able to request to see all paperwork kept on their children at any time but I would still aim to keep them seperate.
    Busy losing the will to live mwuahahahaha!

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I have 2 files like shelley - one for confidential info and one with the learning journey.

The learning journey has to go home with the child and I don't want to lose contracts etc

Feb 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I too have two files - a "public file" containing the Learning Journal, photos and bit and pieces of their handicraft etc, and a "private file" containing their personal information, contract, etc.

I find the separation makes it easy when I want to show something to the Mum/Dad as I don't have to think about dividing it all.

Apr 08
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by sarah707 View Post
    I have 2 files like shelley - one for confidential info and one with the learning journey.

The learning journey has to go home with the child and I don't want to lose contracts etc
    I do the same

Jan 10
    Post Thanks / Like

2 files it is then. I should be able to manage that won't need such a big lockable cabinet then. Just seems to be folder after folder taking over my house then theres the toys and the children

Thank you x

Non childminder member
    lazy bum!
    Post Thanks / Like

dont forget your wallpaper will be covered up with craft, ofsted posters certificates and fingermarks too

then your seating area for food will gain additional reins/boosters/highchairs along with new food stains

oh then there is the first aid kit, fire blanket, new homes for door keys, hooks for coats and bags, box for shoes

think I better stop there now lol
    Busy losing the will to live mwuahahahaha!

pre-reg
    Post Thanks / Like

Aaaaaaaa
    dont scare me huggableshelly