Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    Feb 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Permission for an outing

Hi

Could you help me with the wording of a permission please, Im a new childminder and so havent done one of these before?

Next week its my sons 1st birthday so we are going to have a day trip to the zoo seeing as its half term. My husband is also booking the day off & we are all going together.

The zoo is about 20-30 miles away. I will only have 1 mindee that day. We of course will be paying for him because its our idea to go.

Will I need to do a RA?

Is this a normal request to ask the parents if we can go with mindee?

What do I write on my permission slip? Im going to get them to sign it tonight.

Thanks
    Sarah

Dec 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Permission for an outing

Hey honey,

how I have handled this in the past is similar to school trip letters you get. write a letter saying where you are going, when, what you will need them to bring, you are paying etc.... and at the bottom do a 'return' slip for them to sign and give back to you saying it's ok/not ok. I have done this in the past with a farm trip and when I told one parent I was paying she sent money back with the slip to buy all kids drink/icecream!...... I would do a RA but then I alway work on the side of caution. ( see if the zoo website has a RA you can copy/or use) hope you have fun xx T

Mar 07
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't get parents to sign for specific outings, I have a generic outings permission form which is signed when contracts are signed and then I just verbally notify parents of my intention of going on outings when I decide to.

I always do a risk assessment although it's sometimes difficult when your destination is far away, you must think about such things as, facilities, ie. cafe, toilets, equipment you may need, ie, buggy, car seat etc

amirose Guest

For "special" outings I do a separate form as its a good way of informing parents too. I do also have a general outing permission form.

Definitely risk assess, try googling the location and risk assessment sometimes it brings up ones other people have done which are a really helpful tool. Otherwise try ringing the location as they often have them for schools and are happy to do the same for childminders

I have attached my outing form feel free to use and adapt it if you wish
    Attached Files Attached Files

Aug 08
    Post Thanks / Like

Yes you will have to do a RA, this has to be done where ever you go with the child.
    Also when parent signs up I do an outings permitions slip so I do not have to do one every time I go out, then if we do go on a big outing I.E Zoo I just inform them that we are going is this OK.

hope this helps x

Kelly

Aug 08
    Post Thanks / Like

Yes you will have to do a RA, this has to be done where ever you go with the child.
    Also when parent signs up I do an outings permitions slip so I do not have to do one every time I go out, then if we do go on a big outing I.E Zoo I just inform them that we are going is this OK.

hope this helps x

Kelly

Post Thanks / Like

The zoo may have a risk assessment so have a look at their website before you go - it could save you some work.

Miffy xx