HELP dd is poorly.
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    Oct 09
    Post Thanks / Like

Default HELP dd is poorly.

Hi bit dramatic i know but started minding 3 weeks ago and really scared as i gave up paid work and only have one mindee. Now to top it all my daughter is poorly with cough and cold. the mindees mum has had loads of time off work and is really struggling what should i do. My daughter isnt bed ridden but dont want to send her to school and also dont want to stress the mum out is there a way around this.

Pipsqueak Guest

Default Re: HELP dd is poorly.

If you think your DD can cope with you minding, I would send the parent a text or ring her and give her the option.
    Do you think your daughter would be OK or does she need your full attention.

I have often minded when my kids have been stretched out on the sofa. Coughs and colds are pretty common and if we were to refuse minded kids on that basis we would never be working!

June 09
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by shelly03 View Post
    Hi bit dramatic i know but started minding 3 weeks ago and really scared as i gave up paid work and only have one mindee. Now to top it all my daughter is poorly with cough and cold. the mindees mum has had loads of time off work and is really struggling what should i do. My daughter isnt bed ridden but dont want to send her to school and also dont want to stress the mum out is there a way around this.
    Is it just a cough and cold or could it be something worse? Does she have a temperature?

Speak to mum and see what she says. In my opinion coughs and colds go round all the time and seem never ending.

My ds was poorly but nothing contagious just sleepy and sniffly. I spoke to mum who didnt have a problem sending mindee as ds was either in bed or on the sofa away from where we were. She signed a little form saying she was happy for mindee to attend whilst my ds was a little poorly.

A more experienced cm may say something different. Try not to worry Im sure your'll get some sound advice soon.

Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I would carry on as normal. A cough and cold is not reason enough to stop working. Or you could find yourself not working for a lot of the time.
    we dont stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing

jun 89
    Post Thanks / Like

I agree with wendywu i would carry on as normal