Likes Likes:  2
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    Apr 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Policies and EYFS

Are you all linking your policies to EYFS? Overheard a conversation yesterday in the playground saying that this is now good practice.

So for instance, for the healthy eating policy - the only one I've written so far - would you link it to A Unique Child - Health and Well-being? How is it linked - by a sentence or perhaps just by a coloured box saying A Unique Child.

Apologies if I haven't made myself clear.

Hope someone can help.

Thanks
    Linda.

aug 01
    Latest Inspection Grade
    good
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Policies and EYFS

theres a link on here sonwhere i will try and find it

Apr 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Thank you.

aug 01
    Latest Inspection Grade
    good
    Post Thanks / Like

top of forum page free resources and then free down loads and its listed there operational thingy hth

Mar 14
    Post Thanks / Like

I know this is a really old thread, but does this document or a revised one like it still exist? Had a look in the downloads but cant see it?

Need to link my policies to requirements but thinking it would be so much easier with a guide list :/

Thank you! x

Oct 96
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I just worked my way through my policies and cross referenced to the Statutory guidelines linking them to the point number that was covered. If you are going to do this however it might be worth noting that the revised Statutory guidelines from Sept this year has slightly different point numbers.

7. Likes Tracie Morrison liked this post
    Nov 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by sonia ann View Post
    I just worked my way through my policies and cross referenced to the Statutory guidelines linking them to the point number that was covered. If you are going to do this however it might be worth noting that the revised Statutory guidelines from Sept this year has slightly different point numbers.
    I thought I was being smart, linking all my Policies to EYFS section (writing 'Reference EYFS 2012 Section 3.59' etc).
    But now the EYFS 2014 Section numbers are different and I have to re-do all my policies when I was not needing to otherwise!

I will not be linking them again!

9. Likes Tracie Morrison liked this post
    Mar 14
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by sonia ann View Post
    Thanks for the tip! ahh no easy way then :/ looks like my friday night glass of wine paperwork job!

Simona Guest

Quote Originally Posted by linda2girls View Post
    Are you all linking your policies to EYFS? Overheard a conversation yesterday in the playground saying that this is now good practice.

So for instance, for the healthy eating policy - the only one I've written so far - would you link it to A Unique Child - Health and Well-being? How is it linked - by a sentence or perhaps just by a coloured box saying A Unique Child.

Apologies if I haven't made myself clear.

Hope someone can help.

Thanks
    Linda.
    Policies reflect your ethos, beliefs and character...your policy is Unique to you.

For some you will want to link to EYFS where there is statutory guidance you want to reinforce such as Child Protection for example
    For other policies you can link to anything that guides your practice...for instance some people mention Children's Rights or refer to particular legislation such as Disability Act and Discrimination/Equal Opportunities