Me again, Sorry...Daily Diaries
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    Aug 09
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Me again, Sorry...Daily Diaries

I'm sorry if im going on abit, but im due my 1st official Ofsted visit soon and im doubting everything I have in place.

I would just like to know when we write our daily diaries how much info do people put in them. I always write what food and drink the've had, Nappy changes, Naps etc and then I normally write an A5 page explaining everything we've done in that day, Is this the norm. I know everyone is different but would just like a bit of feedback please. My mindee also goes to nursery once a week and they only list food, drink and nappies. nothing about what she has done!!!

Hope to hear from somebody soon

Amanda xxxx

Sept 06
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Me again, Sorry...Daily Diaries

I have made myself a little form where I write in nappy changes, what food etc nap times then at the end 3 lines for what we have done any other infor e.g. I have run out of nappies or something.

Sounds like what you are doing is fine

aug 01
    Latest Inspection Grade
    good
    Post Thanks / Like

I just put sleeps, nappies, food drink and anyother info the parent might like to know i dont write everything we have done as they know this from planning but i put if they liked a particular thing we did. hth

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by amandajane08 View Post
    I'm sorry if im going on abit, but im due my 1st official Ofsted visit soon and im doubting everything I have in place.

I would just like to know when we write our daily diaries how much info do people put in them. I always write what food and drink the've had, Nappy changes, Naps etc and then I normally write an A5 page explaining everything we've done in that day, Is this the norm. I know everyone is different but would just like a bit of feedback please. My mindee also goes to nursery once a week and they only list food, drink and nappies. nothing about what she has done!!!

Amanda xxxx
    Amanda you are doing the right thing, I put what they had to eat, sleep,nappies,drink (how much), and briefly what we did today, and if the child has said anything different (new words) or taken a like to a new toy ect ect, whether there has been any issues with the child i.e naughty, not being friendly.

Tracey

June 07
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Sounds fine to me, I agree and do same as others posted above

January
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by amandajane08 View Post

Amanda xxxx
    That's what I do too
    Familiarity breeds contempt - and children Mark Twain

TheBTeam Guest

I use an A5 book and about 1/3-1/5 is food, nappies, sleep etc and the rest what they have done/said/liked etc.

So pretty similar.

aug 09
    Post Thanks / Like

i use a5 spiral bound books, i write a blurb at lunch time about what we have done in the morning, and again before they go home about the afternoon, i then include a seciont with nappies (including rashes, cream applied etc), naps, snacks, meals and drinks, i try to also include little photos each day too. good luck with inspection!! xx
    x x