Medicine policy - please help
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    dec 05
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Medicine policy - please help

Hi everyone, sorry i havent been around for ages, ive had a terrible start to pregnancy and ive been ill but now 24 weeks and feeling a little better or should i say much better than i have been!
    Anyway im going on official maternity leave next week (not had kids for a while due to being so ill) and i want to make sure all my paperwork etc is upto date for when i return so..

Does any one have a medicine policy that i could tweak for myself please. I had one but ofsted said i needed to put in there that i will contact parents and get them to sign a medicine form BEFORE i give medicine and i dont have it saved on computer and will take ages to retype it as i also have a dreaded tax return to file on line for last year which i thought id done!!

Will be soooo grateful for any help please as i have baby brain as ive not childminded for a while xx

Dec 08
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Medicine policy - please help

sorry I use the MM ones. hope the pregnancy goes well.
    Paula

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Minnie mouse View Post
    Does any one have a medicine policy that i could tweak for myself please. I had one but ofsted said i needed to put in there that i will contact parents and get them to sign a medicine form BEFORE i give medicine and i dont have it saved on computer
    xx
    Did Ofsted say you needed written permission or an actual signature on a form?

I go with written permission, by email or text, stating when the child last had the medication... then later a confirmation that I was given permission when they sign it.

Hth

dec 05
    Post Thanks / Like

Hi sarah i cant remember exactly as it was a while ago. Im guessing yours was obviously ok with ofsted tho so written permission should be ok. Do you have a policy i could tweak at all please? xx

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Mine are all in an e-book! They're not written like the Bromley ones, they are a series of suggestions to help you write your own.

www.bromleycma.org.uk have medication ones you can change around to suit you