Contracted hours, changing all the time?
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    Ex CM
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Non childminder member
    01/01/09
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Contracted hours, changing all the time?

Hi, my mindee comes to me from 9am until 4.30pm twice a week and 9am until 2pm once a week.
    The mum is being asked to attend meetings and they can be at very short notice and she can only tell me the night before.
    These meetings mean that she either has to go into work 2hrs earlier or come back 2hrs later, but it would normally be within my working hours of 7.30am until 6pm.
    As the hours are all over the place the contract shows the above times but in the notes I've put "Review in a few weeks", times may change"
    Is this OK? Surely I don't have to do a whole new contract each time?
    In a month or so, it should settle down and she'll have a better idea what times she will be working, but does not mind paying for longer days as she can get on with some work at home.
    Need a laugh? Visit my website: www.unclegargy.deviantART.com

Sept 08
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Contracted hours, changing all the time?

Hi,

I have a similar situation,where the parents hours change therefore the childcare hours do too. I jut put in the contract the usual hours that they would usually do without the earlier starts or later finishes and then just add a note on there under the additional info to say that on occassions these hours may change slightly due to mums work!! That way you've covered yourself.

Hope thats been of help.

Sarah x

June 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Contracted hours, changing all the time?

Hi
    I have the same also, as I mind teachers children and often gets held up with meetings, parents or naughty teenagers!!!

I've done the same as Sarah, I use the NCMA contracts and just added a note in the "additional notes" area.