Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    Oct 08
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Contract review/change of days/hours

Hi, I had my first two families of mindees start in March and April this year. Both families have asked for more hours and different days from September - great news - means they are very happy with me!
    So, do I need to fill in all new contracts - am using NCMA ones or can I just note the different days/hours on another paper and call it a contract variation or something? The prices, children's details etc have not changed.

Also, I have noted that I will do a contract review after 6 months, which would be September time anyway in these cases, but would I normally need to use a new contract after a review if no details change (not even hours)?

I want to sort out the contract for one family in the next couple of weeks as they are term-time only. I have suggested they pay for September in July rather than charging a retainer as I plan to make the most of the time I don't have them and take lots of holiday. Do this sound sensible?

Thanks

Oct 05
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Contract review/change of days/hours

Don't know if this is correct, but I would just type up a letter, stating new hours and fees, and that nothing else had changed. I would head it Contract review, and both you and the parent sign and date it.
    Give them a copy and attach a copy to your contract.

If there are no changes I usually just write on the contract, "reviewed on (date) no changes." and get the parent to sign.

Aug 94
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Contract review/change of days/hours

If you are changing the terms of the contract then I would do new contracts. It covers you and are air tight.

You could do additional hours and charge as extra.
    Debbie