Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    Jan 08
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Swimming Lessons

I take my 7 year old son to swimming lessons, and have also just started taking two of my eight year old to the same swimming lesson (they have a lesson also). I have just had a thought should I have written permission to do this from the parents.

Obviously they are paying for the swimming lessons, but do I need this in writing as well.

I do take another child with me and have done a risk assessment for her while watching, getting there etc, but not one for the actual lesson do I need to do this as well.

july 09
    Post Thanks / Like

Smile Re: Swimming Lessons

I would get written permission just incase! I think it's better to have one than not if something were to go wrong.
    I think i'll be getting permission forms for everything possible when I register! I know it might sound over the top but you don't know how a parent would react if something went wrong and there was an accident!
    Better to be safe than sorry!!!!!
    katieskatie xx

Aug 94
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Swimming Lessons

Didn't the parent complete the lesson form? If their signature is on it why do you need permission?
    Debbie

Non childminder member
    lazy bum!
    Post Thanks / Like

the only thing I feel you may want to cover is assisting in the changing rooms

the lessons are covered by the swim school which parents ahve already agreed too.

I had this issue with trampoline club but parents signed the permission and enrollemnt forms themselves and attended the first sessions with their children before leaving me to get on with it. I stayed in the sports hall throughout the lessons too as I was still being paid.

kiddies got bored after bage 7/8 so club came to a natural end.

Aug 06
    Post Thanks / Like

I take a child to swimming lessons and I just have permission to shower and apply cream ( eczema) afterwards.
    ***** proofed the house but they're still getting in!

Jan 08
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

thanks for advise. Actually we never did get any form to sign so will ask for one.

As for changing room, I leave my son and the other childminding child, who is his friend and in his form, in the boys changing room, and go in to the girls with the girl childminding child and one other girl I look after. I don't have an issue with changing as they are 8.