Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Contract Issue

Registered Childminder since
    Jul 05
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Contract Issue

I was told today by one of my parents that he had separated from his wife. Both him and his wife signed the contract (20 mths ago). The split is all amiable, no shouting and the child is aware that daddy doesn't live with mummy anymore. He said they wish to leave things how they are with myself however, apart from obtaining a new address from the dad is there anything else I need to do. Discussed with him, whom I need to discuss issues (if any) pertaining to their child which he said "whoever picks her up".

Feb 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    MET
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Contract Issue

I would say have a chat with mum too, and then anything that is said make sure that the other parent is also informed, either by a note in diary or a quick email.
    Charlotte
    I hear and I forget. I see and I remember. I do and I understand

dec 92
    Latest Inspection Grade
    good
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by tinka77 View Post
    I was told today by one of my parents that he had separated from his wife. Both him and his wife signed the contract (20 mths ago). The split is all amiable, no shouting and the child is aware that daddy doesn't live with mummy anymore. He said they wish to leave things how they are with myself however, apart from obtaining a new address from the dad is there anything else I need to do. Discussed with him, whom I need to discuss issues (if any) pertaining to their child which he said "whoever picks her up".
    I had this situation nearly 2 years ago, Just changed the address. The 2 months later dad gave me notice. Mum couldn't afford the full fee.........So did something drastic.....Any how to cut the story Child is now back with me. We have a new contract. All school info gets duplicated, Daily diary stays with me so which ever parent picks up can always read it at pick up time. If I have a problem then I email or text the other parent so that they are aware and don't feel excluded.

It's difficult. See how it works and how often you see both parents. But email and text is a way of communicating with the other parent.

Aug 94
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

You need to find out who as parental responsibility and anything connected to this, otherwise you will be in a triangle finding out who said what and who agrees with what.

I would have 1 person as the main responsible adult who tells you what is happening.
    Debbie

Aug 94
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

I think I would do a new contract, get both parents to sign as before but have the new address on it and record new info about collections and where info is to go etc. Then you should be covered.