Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Registered Childminder since
    Apr 98
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: calpol... perscribed only

Apparantly they will have finished making amendments to the EYFS and be reprinting the packs to allow for all changes that have been made by the end of March beginning of April.

I will wait until I get my sticky little hands on the new pack before I will decide what I will do!!
    Dee
    Independent Cambridge Diet Counsellor

Life may not be the party we hoped for.......but while we're here we should dance!

Post Thanks / Like

It is all such a nightmare

I have had one mom complaining to me already about this - she said even if Ofsted say I am not allowed to give calpol with out it being prescribed she EXPECTS me to listen to her and not them and still give it

What a pain

Angel xx

May 01
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Unhappy Re: calpol... perscribed only

Quote Originally Posted by angeldelight View Post

I have had one mom complaining to me already about this - she said even if Ofsted say I am not allowed to give calpol with out it being prescribed she EXPECTS me to listen to her and not them and still give it

What a pain

Angel xx
    Same with me. Mum of 2 year old mindee wants me to treat her son same as I treat William (own son exactly same age bar 2 weeks) - not bother her with policies, give Calpol if I think necessary as he is cutting back teeth, just let her know when he had last dose so she can time him having a bedtime dose. She cant be bothered to sign medication forms as she "trusts me". Same with sticking a plaster on a bumped knee even if it isnt bleeding just because you know picking a plaster with a picture on is enough to stop them being upset. I agree with her and feel that being bound by all these policies is actually stopping me doing what I should be doing and caring for her child in the best way I can. It is unbearable to see a crying child and be tied up in red tape unable to do the simple things you know will help them.

Gosh I really upset myself then typing that.

Annie x

Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Once we have clearer guidelines I was hoping to do a information letter for parents explaining the changes and what they mean for my setting, thats if I understand them of course !!!!

xxx
    Love Mrs Edward Cullen x

Apr 98
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by angeldelight View Post

What a pain

Angel xx
    What really worries me is that it will end up sending our profession backwards.

What will end up happening is that minders will go back to administering calpol etc and not logging it so that they are seen to be complying with the rules.

I really do hope that ofsted have taken on board all comments sent to them on this matter!
    Dee
    Independent Cambridge Diet Counsellor

Life may not be the party we hoped for.......but while we're here we should dance!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12