Registered Childminder since
    June 95
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Non childminder member
    childminder
    Post Thanks / Like

Default News letter

Does anyone have a newsletter template I could look at please? Not done one for years.

2. Likes loocyloo liked this post
    oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I don't have a template as such but I send a newsletter home at the start of each term .... usually I start with a brief ' hope you had a good summer/ Christmas/ Easter' 'I did xyz'

Then a list of relevant dates such as half term/ term dates, my holiday dates, funding dates etc for the next 6 mths ( although I put my holiday for next year in ) and then a bit about any themes/ books we'll be reading.

Usually a bit about activities we did/ places we went last term and a request for parents to tell me anywhere they've been that we might enjoy!

I mention any training I've done/ going to do.

We wish xyz happy 123rd birthday

Any other random information I think they need to know/my LA has asked me to forward etc. This Sept i included a copy of my corona policy etc! ( even though I had emailed it to everyone! )

Then finish with a brief reminder about not sending ill children, sending wellies and waterproofs everyday for under 5s, indoor shoes/spare socks for everyone etc and a 'love loocyloo'

I was putting a photo on, but it took up too much room! I usually try to make it just one side of A4, and usually different colours for different paragraphs.

4. Likes Maza, Pixie dust liked this post
    Sept 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I do the same as Loocyloo I don't have a template, I normally do one at the start of term with holiday dates, reminders about coats etc as they all arrive in the car and will often come without a coat !
    Pixie Dust

6. Likes loocyloo liked this post
    June 95
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Non childminder member
    childminder
    Post Thanks / Like

Thank you very much. Loocyloo you have one at 123 years old wow !!! I know not really.

Haven’t done a newsletter yet but I did send out a letter about sending unwell children.
    Think a bugbear of all childminders/ nurseries dose with carpool and send.
    I also asked for a sweater or cardigan to be sent. We’re meant to ventilate the rooms when the children are here and if you live in a oldish house can get chilly.
    How are you all dealing with that? I’m like queen put a jumper on ! I will put heating on low but don’t like a hot house anyway.And I’m trying to be outside a lot of the time but obviously the weather ( rain) isn’t playing ball.

8. Likes loocyloo liked this post
    oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I live in an old cold house .... apart from the kitchen which has the aga in it! I've always asked for a warm jumper to be sent, especially as a fair few only have those thin all in one waterproofs.
    If not, I have some spare sweatshirts and I pop one of those on a child. If child is there another day, I keep it for them to wear again, if not, it goes in the washing and dries overnight on aga!
    I have windows open all the time anyway, which along with the draughts keeps us fresh!

10. Likes Dragonfly liked this post