Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  1
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    July 19
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Paperwork after settling in but no further care

Hi all.

I had an enquiry, all went well and mum and dad brought little one for an hour settling in session, when we were going to sign contracts. After the hour session dad said they had to discuss as had the possibility of having 2 cm's (myself and another). I basically took this as a no thanks to moving forward. And I haven't heard anything from them since.

The policies and procedures had been digitally signed on my online system, I have some of their personal details and I recorded hours the child was here, but how long should I keep that info? Is it the same as a child I have actually minded with a contract?

Thank you, Helen x

Nov 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Did they actually leave the child in your care?
    Was any money involved (had they paid? deposit?)
    If no to the above, then I'd just forget about it as that is not even classed as 'childminding'.
    If yes to the first point then I'd keep just the info you have already with a note of what happened to remind yourself in the future and file as usual until the child is 21.
    If yes to the second point- just keep financial records as you usually would.

3. Likes Kiddleywinks liked this post
    July 19
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Moggy. They did leave LO for an hour, no money was involved. I've kept the register showing his attendance. Also I printed the info I had like the names and addresses of parents etc. Is it ok to keep this under the GDPR?

Nov 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by hbcm View Post
    Thanks Moggy. They did leave LO for an hour, no money was involved. I've kept the register showing his attendance. Also I printed the info I had like the names and addresses of parents etc. Is it ok to keep this under the GDPR?
    Yes as you have a legitimate reason to keep them.