permission/medical form for daily medicine?
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  2
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Default permission/medical form for daily medicine?

Good morning.

I have a new LO started with me, who has gaviscon with each meal. it is prescribed by the Dr, and Mum has given me a box of sachets. This week, I have written it down in medical file and got mum to sign on collection, but this is going to be a faff long term! ( and also, ALOT of extra paper in LOs file! )

I used to use the pacey medical book, but it didn't work for me, so i created my own file and sheets, but i can't remember if there was a 'long term' medication form!

If there is, can anyone tell me what is on it, or can anyone give me any guidance on what to write/word a form, or what i should do! it seems odd, but i can't remember ever having a child who required daily medication as a childminder! ( I've been doing it almost 16 yrs as well!!! )

Thanks
    xxx

Nov 13
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I used an online system, it had a ‘Currently active short and long term medications’ title.

It really was the same as usual medical form it just had a choice of short term or long term to indicate how long the medication will be taken for.
    I used to also write in the description something like: ‘ to be taken as advised until doctor states otherwise’.

I had a child on long term medication but only changed medical form when dosage or medication altered, probably twice a year when she was seen by the consultant.

3. Likes loocyloo liked this post
    oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by FloraDora View Post
    I used an online system, it had a ‘Currently active short and long term medications’ title.

It really was the same as usual medical form it just had a choice of short term or long term to indicate how long the medication will be taken for.
    I used to also write in the description something like: ‘ to be taken as advised until doctor states otherwise’.

I had a child on long term medication but only changed medical form when dosage or medication altered, probably twice a year when she was seen by the consultant.
    Thanks... did mum need to sign each time, or just when things changed?

Nov 13
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by loocyloo View Post
    Thanks... did mum need to sign each time, or just when things changed?
    Just when things changed.

6. Likes loocyloo liked this post
    oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Great. Thanks xx