policies and procedures question
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

Default policies and procedures question

I currently get parents to sign a form to say they read, understand and agree to my policies and procedures. Is this actually a compulsory document or as long as i have them its ok?

Registered Childminder since
    Nov 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Not mentioned in EYFS so not compulsory in that way. Pacey contracts mention policies as being part of contract (not sure of wording exactly). Some online admin systems allow parents to click to approve policies. You do it how you want. Point is to do your best to make sure parents agree to how you work before any problems arise. It is all part of 'working with parents' (which is something Ofsted are interested in) as policies set out how you work, your expectations of them, what they can expect from you etc etc but you do it how you see fit.

Dec 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good ;-)
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

As Moggy says, it's not compulsory to get parents to sign to say they have received, read and understood your policies, but... in the event of a dispute, how would you be able to 'prove' you had given them to parents if they were claiming they had never received such documents?
    Sometimes, it's just better to cover yourself by getting a signature.

Nov 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I agree with previous replies.

The real problem is when I update or introduce new policies, usually in response to new legislation or some new situation arising. It’s a PITA getting existing clients to read and sign to say they're up to date with the new version. What do we do if they refuse or, more commonly, just don’t get around to it? We can hardly threaten to refuse care or give notice.

Post Thanks / Like

ok thanks guys. I feel most comfortable with having parents sign stuff but like you say when i then update policies the admin is a PITA!