Are  privacy agreement and privacy notice some policies ?
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  3
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Results 1 to 9 of 9
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    322
    Registered Childminder since
    2004
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Are privacy agreement and privacy notice some policies ?

    Hello,
    Trying to tidying up my portfolio.
    Are privacy agreement , privacy notice some policies ?
    Should I add them to my policies procedures list or is it more to put with child record form, permission sheets...
    A bit confused what's a policy and what's not . Thanks

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    2,755
    Registered Childminder since
    Nov 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    As long as you know where to find them, it doesn't really matter. I keep my policies with my permissions form and my privacy notice, all togther. But there are no requirements about how you name or store these things.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    322
    Registered Childminder since
    2004
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by moggy View Post
    As long as you know where to find them, it doesn't really matter. I keep my policies with my permissions form and my privacy notice, all togther. But there are no requirements about how you name or store these things.
    Ok thanks . I think I will add the all to my policies list .

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    at my computer, of course
    Posts
    4,987
    Registered Childminder since
    Nov 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Here’s what I’ve done: hope it makes sense.

    I edited my confidentiality policy to include references to GDPR legislation and integrate the information within my privacy notice. That is in my policies folder.

    I keep a copy of my privacy notice in my 'all forms' folder. That’s a folder of 'blanks' which I photocopy as required to give to parents, especially new starters.

    I edited my consent/permissions form to include GDPR requirements. So parents sign data permissions together with giving consent for me to apply suncream, use public transport, change nappies, etc, etc. At the same time, they acknowledge that I’ve given them a copy of my privacy notice.

    As Moggy says, the only critical point is that you know where to find them when needed, so do what suits you. Because I’m stupid and forgetful, I keep a sample of all data-Protection paperwork in an additional folder, just in case ICO were in touch and I needed everything in one place. I’m sure this is far from essential.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    at my computer, of course
    Posts
    4,987
    Registered Childminder since
    Nov 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Btw, I hope this is going to be easier with new clients, who will have to sign consents and acknowledgements in order to start.

    I’ve sent out privacy notices to all current clients, as well as their emergency contacts, and asked them to return a signed acknowledgment slip. I,ve sent about three dozen out and had two copies back. We’re supposed to have this consent, but we can hardly refuse care until they sign yet another bit of paper.

    Technically, I gather we’re supposed to do this for all previous clients, since we have to hold data for nearly twenty years for insurance. Fat chance.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    322
    Registered Childminder since
    2004
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bunyip View Post
    Here’s what I’ve done: hope it makes sense.

    I edited my confidentiality policy to include references to GDPR legislation and integrate the information within my privacy notice. That is in my policies folder.

    I keep a copy of my privacy notice in my 'all forms' folder. That’s a folder of 'blanks' which I photocopy as required to give to parents, especially new starters.

    I edited my consent/permissions form to include GDPR requirements. So parents sign data permissions together with giving consent for me to apply suncream, use public transport, change nappies, etc, etc. At the same time, they acknowledge that I’ve given them a copy of my privacy notice.

    As Moggy says, the only critical point is that you know where to find them when needed, so do what suits you. Because I’m stupid and forgetful, I keep a sample of all data-Protection paperwork in an additional folder, just in case ICO were in touch and I needed everything in one place. I’m sure this is far from essential.
    Thanks
    I thought we.didnt need.anymore permission.for suncream, taking in car , outings, .....
    I cancelled.all of them, did I do that wrong ??

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    at my computer, of course
    Posts
    4,987
    Registered Childminder since
    Nov 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by v 1461 View Post
    Thanks
    I thought we.didnt need.anymore permission.for suncream, taking in car , outings, .....
    I cancelled.all of them, did I do that wrong ??
    I’m not too sure.

    What I do know is that every item on my permissions form represents something a parent has complained about sometime or other, to a CM somewhere. So mine stay in place, if only to cover my backside.

  8. Likes loocyloo liked this post
  9. #8
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    7,571
    Registered Childminder since
    oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    8

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bunyip View Post
    I’m not too sure.

    What I do know is that every item on my permissions form represents something a parent has complained about sometime or other, to a CM somewhere. So mine stay in place, if only to cover my backside.
    mine too!

    plus it means that parents have to think about them when they sign, or if they don't think/read, and then complain; i can say 'you signed XYZ' !!!

  10. Likes bunyip liked this post
  11. #9
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    2,755
    Registered Childminder since
    Nov 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    I have greatly reduced my permissions, so I do not ask permission for these things. But they are all mentioned in my policies as the way I work, all parents agree to my policies so in that way they have agreed to my way of working which includes applying sunscreen, using public transport etc etc.

  12. Likes bunyip liked this post
 

 

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Quick Links and Advertisements

Important Information Links
Some Useful Quick Links
Advertisements

 

You can also find us on:
Are  privacy agreement and privacy notice some policies ? Are  privacy agreement and privacy notice some policies ? Are  privacy agreement and privacy notice some policies ?

We use cookies to make this site as useful as possible. They are small text files placed in your browser to track usage of our site but they don’t tell us who you are.
By continuing to use this site you are consenting to cookies being placed on your computer. Find out more here: Cookies in Use

Childminding Help and the Childminding Forum are part of Childcare.co.uk