Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Disabled child

Registered Childminder since
    May 13
    Latest Inspection Grade
    good
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Disabled child

Pre-pubescent child with learning difficulties and limited understanding has started pulling down pants and fiddling. Working with professionals to try and stop this behaviour.

Advice regarding childminding? This child is rarely around other mindees but is exploring their body and is oblivious to their surroundings and anyone watching so not doing it on purpose.

Oct 97
    Post Thanks / Like

Tough one as they clearly are unaware but then again we can't have the behaviour and care over over 8's affecting the care of the unders. Sorry I've no magical answer to this.

Dec 87
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Merlot View Post
    Pre-pubescent child with learning difficulties and limited understanding has started pulling down pants and fiddling. Working with professionals to try and stop this behaviour.

Advice regarding childminding? This child is rarely around other mindees but is exploring their body and is oblivious to their surroundings and anyone watching so not doing it on purpose.

Did this child come to you through your LA? I used to offer respite care for SEN children and the department in the LA knew the children very well as they matched them with the right carer, if so could you ask them for advice? Or as I see you are already working with others if you do have other mindees around that would pick up on it I would be in the same room at all times with this child so could intercept. Sorry haven't any more helpful advice.