Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  1
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    Pre-reg
    Post Thanks / Like

Default 5 year old, what do i need?

Hi, i have signed up my very first mindee
    She is only coming during the school holidays atm, she is 5 and at full time school. I am emailing all the contract etc over but not sure what to send? do i still need to send over the policies and permissions even though she is out of eyfs
    I have a list of permissions & i know what the statutory policies i need ie safeguarding etc, but not sure if i need to send as a lot of it is not relevant for her age

i have another 2 meetings over the next week and these are for eyfs children so I think im clued up on everything i need for them

thank you

I have checked again and she is an older child in reception, so still under Eyfs? Until September this year, her birthdays in September. I'm just going to send my normal things & then I'm covered anyway
    Last edited by Roxy009; 03-01-2017 at 11:47 PM.

Registered Childminder since
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Hi! The rules for older children are here - annex C -https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/551134/EY_and_childcare_reg_handbook.pdf

If s/he is in reception you have to deliver the Eyfs but not the learning and development bits.

I hope that helps! Congratulations!!

3. Likes bunyip liked this post