Policies questions
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  1
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Policies questions

Just looking at my policies again -
    Do you all have a separate bullying policy? Or does it form part of one of your other policies. I've realised i've not mentioned it, should it go in a managing behaviour policy or on its own?
    What about internet usage, again do you have one on its own for this?
    And health and safety, i have an accidents one and a fire and evacuation but do i need a specific health and safety one?
    Thank you!

Registered Childminder since
    Nov 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mumofone View Post
    Just looking at my policies again -
    Do you all have a separate bullying policy? Or does it form part of one of your other policies. I've realised i've not mentioned it, should it go in a managing behaviour policy or on its own?
    What about internet usage, again do you have one on its own for this?
    And health and safety, i have an accidents one and a fire and evacuation but do i need a specific health and safety one?
    Thank you!
    It is all mentioned in here, from August, there were posts and info from Sarah about it- have a search:
    https://www.gov.uk/government/public...september-2015

'Peer on Peer abuse' came up in this update so I mention that now as part of safeguarding/child protection policy.
    Internet usage/keeping children safe online I mention as part of safeguarding/child protection policy too, along with the mobile phone info, as that was also a new thing in that Ofsted doc.
    Health and safety you cover in safeguarding, accidents etc so no need to repeat yourself.
    I always try to keep the number of separate policies to a minimum- no one needs more paperwork.

3. Likes mumofone liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by moggy View Post
    It is all mentioned in here, from August, there were posts and info from Sarah about it- have a search:
    https://www.gov.uk/government/public...september-2015

'Peer on Peer abuse' came up in this update so I mention that now as part of safeguarding/child protection policy.
    Internet usage/keeping children safe online I mention as part of safeguarding/child protection policy too, along with the mobile phone info, as that was also a new thing in that Ofsted doc.
    Health and safety you cover in safeguarding, accidents etc so no need to repeat yourself.
    I always try to keep the number of separate policies to a minimum- no one needs more paperwork.
    Thanks moggy, i dont recall seeing that stuff...i'll have a search thank you x

Registered Childminder since
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

The only statutory policies are safeguarding and child protection ... and complaints.

If you want to write others - and I would strongly recommend behaviour, medication administration, fees etc are in writing - then yes, include something in behaviour about teaching children about / protecting children from bullying.

I don't have an internet usage policy. I include a note about the requirement in the Prevent duty to keep children safe online into my safeguarding and child protection policy and procedures ... and I give parents a leaflet about online safety. I agree internet usage rules with older children and their parents - I don't feel it's something I need in writing as I can explain it if asked.

We used to have a written health and safety policy but the requirement disappeared from the Eyfs 2014. You can write one if you want - there are examples online.

Hth