Starting out - what forms did you buy?
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  5
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    Jan 16
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Starting out - what forms did you buy?

I'm about to phone Pacey and join them, but was flicking through the extensive variety of paperwork they have to buy and can't decide which to get!! I figure I need contracts, accident forms and child record forms - but what else would you recommend buying, and what did you source from elsewhere?

2. Likes marina1224 liked this post
    sep09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

In my first year I bought the pacey pack , with contracts , accidents forms , child record forms , accounts book , register.... They did help , but in subsequent years once I got established I only use their contracts and have devised my own paperwork for the others.

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

There are lots of free forms here - https://www.childcare.co.uk/informat...dminding-forms

And more here for Childcare.co.uk gold and free members - https://www.childcare.co.uk/informat...ildminder-plus

The only things you need to buy if you are insured with Pacey are contracts

5. Likes loocyloo, Bluebell liked this post
    oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

when I registered I bought contracts, medical files/accident forms, attendance book, accounts book, child record forms. all from pacey ( or ncma as it was then )

over time, I have created my own version of the medical files/accident forms, and my own accounts sheets.

I still use pacey contracts (I have my insurance through pacey) and child record forms,

and I do like their attendance book. I did look at producing my own, but theirs is easy to use!

Mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by loocyloo View Post
    when I registered I bought contracts, medical files/accident forms, attendance book, accounts book, child record forms. all from pacey ( or ncma as it was then )

over time, I have created my own version of the medical files/accident forms, and my own accounts sheets.

I still use pacey contracts (I have my insurance through pacey) and child record forms,

and I do like their attendance book. I did look at producing my own, but theirs is easy to use!

I don't like their attendance book. I used it for the first couple of years but when it was full I devised my own.

Like others, I too bought everything when I first started but gradually devised bits and pieces for myself.

Jan 16
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks all! I wondered whether I would use the attendance forms but I only have one mindee until September so thought they'd not be getting much use in the short term :-)

Dec 02
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Maza View Post
    I don't like their attendance book. I used it for the first couple of years but when it was full I devised my own. Like others, I too bought everything when I first started but gradually devised bits and pieces for myself.
    I'm with Maza, I didn't like their attendance book either! I found it too complicated for my little mind. I have devised my own.

10. Likes Maza liked this post
    Aug 94
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by loocyloo View Post

Just to point out you don't have to use Pacey Contracts if you have Pacey PLI this was changed about 2 years ago.

Aug 94
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

I have always been a member of Pacey.

I use their Accident/Incident/Medication Folder because I find it easy and all the forms are self duplicating. It may look expensive but I find I don't use many forms overall, it seems to go in fits and starts. Just a tip I do keep one of each form at the beginning of the folder so if I do run out I can photocopy until I get a new set in the post.

I use Pacey Contracts, they cover all I need again they are self duplicating and in terms of the income you will get from the family you are signing up they are cheap and sometimes they stay in place for years just with an annual review if nothing changes, I have had families on the one contract for 5 years.

I also use the Pacey Attendance Register. I love the way all the children's information is in the front in the ratio groups so it is easy to see who you have for you and Ofsted at inspection. There is a page a month for each child so it is easy to copy if there is any dispute and yes although not a requirement I do get parents to sign every week. It saves any argument over hours or if there is an issue of being late all the time because the parent has signed and so agreed to the hours noted. I can mark any holidays the child or I have in the month on the page at the beginning of the month so we all know what is happening and no parent can say they didn't know (I do give them all a letter in January with all my holidays for the year) it reminds them. Having the signature also proved a parent who complained to Ofsted has lied and the complaint was not upheld so I was very glad, if I hadn't had the signature it would have been the parents word against mine and they would have upheld the Complaint.

I did get a pad of the Child Record Forms but I have my own as I couldn't get all the information I wanted into the Pacey ones.

I have my own list of Permissions on one form for the parents to sign. On the reverse I list my 13 Policies and they sign once to confirm the give their consent to all the permissions and that they have Read, Agree to and have received a copy of the 8 Page Policy Document. This document has an annual review date on it.

Jan 16
    Post Thanks / Like

Thank you! I think I felt I had the plot back when I'd finished my childminder training in October, then again when submitted my portfolio in November and then again when had my inspection in January - but I think the delay in actually getting started has left me feeling not quite sure of everything I must remember. With two weeks now till the first child starts, I need to revisit my Policies and Procedures (I like Ricky Smith's idea of a single sheet of Permissions and Policies to sign).

Sarah707 - I am a member of childcare.co.uk and had investigated all that back in January but I think it's all gone completely out of my head! Thank you for reminding me - I think I need to start right back at the beginning again and make a list!

14. Likes sarah707 liked this post