Learning and Development records storing question
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Learning and Development records storing question

Are we required to keep learning and development records for a period of time after a child leaves? I am aware that the parents take folder and scrap book LJ's home but are we required to keep the docs on our pc's for a specific period? What about online LJ's as I've just started with tapestry. In this case do you keep the child on the system or make the docs a PDF file, email them to parents and then delete the child from the system - confused?

Registered Childminder since
    Nov 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

No, there are no requirements to even make written records (except for 2yr check) so there are no requirements to keep any!

I like to keep a print out of a tracker showing progress over the time they have been with me (1x A4) and a copy of the 2yr check. This is just so I can show/remember the situation with the child in case anything ever comes back to me in the future, and it is not much to keep- I just put the 2x A4 sheets in with the contracts and child record forms etc that I archive in the loft.

On Tapestry you can delete the child completely, before you do so you can download all the LJ to pdf if you want + any reports on Tapestry. There is an option to 'archive' if the child might come back to you!

Everything can be given to parents (LJ, scrap books, photos etc)- I send the pdf from Tapestry too so they can choose to print out if they want.

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you so much Moggy, that's answered everything :-D.