Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Pyjama policy

Registered Childminder since
    Nov 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Pyjama policy

Ok, bearing in mind today's news and the Nutmommies poll: 86% of skinny cappuccino-sipping Netmummies think parents shouldn't do the school run in their jim-jams..............................

I invite opinions on whether I should ban my client mummies from turning up at Bunyip Towers in their pyjamas/onesies/dressing gowns, etc.

Light blue touch-paper and retire a safe distance.........................................

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bunyip View Post
    Ok, bearing in mind today's news and the Nutmommies poll: 86% of skinny cappuccino-sipping Netmummies think parents shouldn't do the school run in their jim-jams.............................. I invite opinions on whether I should ban my client mummies from turning up at Bunyip Towers in their pyjamas/onesies/dressing gowns, etc. Light blue touch-paper and retire a safe distance.........................................
    I had a dad drop off his child in his pjs with his coat over the top and stay right by his car whilst dropping child off but he was in bed all week with flu. I don't think any self respecting "well" person should do this though...tempting tho it may be!

Post Thanks / Like

I've had a mum drop off with PJs under a coat (I turn a blind eye ;-) but one day she did drop off in full PJs and dressing gown. She also drives 4 miles to get to me - eek!!

sep09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Bunyip , guess it depends if their bedwear has and bearing on them being ''mummies I wouldnt mind a snuggle with!''

5. Likes bunyip liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Pmsl mamatothree;-)

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I used to collect a mindee from her home as it was on the way to school.

Her dad used to come to the door dressed only in his boxer shorts. It wasn't a pretty sight and I often wished I could ask him to get dressed before I got there!

Feb 06
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

As long as we don't answer the door in ours! Or has it happened to anyone? Actually I have nightmares in answering the door without any makeup on. Now that would be scary.

9. Likes AliceK, Maza liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Ha ha as I start at 7am I do cut it fine lol!

11. Likes mama2three, rickysmiths liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Few years ago overslept on a 6.30 drop off. Poor grandad is still recovering from seeing me in my hundred layers winter bed ware !!! Lol

13. Likes BallyH, rickysmiths liked this post
    May 08
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

I've over slept a few times over the years and been caught out in my Jim Jams. Parents always laugh about it though.

sept 07
    Post Thanks / Like

Yep I have answered the door a few times in my pjs as I slept in... poor parent had to witness my bleary eyed bed head lol
    I have had a pregnant mummy turn up in pjs while she was on maternity... I was so jealous.
    Tess1981

Aug 11
    Post Thanks / Like

I've only once answered the door in pjs and that's when a parent turned up in the morning despite me texting/phoning etc to tell them I couldn't take any kids as my own son had been up all night throwing up

Nov 13
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I often meet parents of young children in our local nature reserve and playground and their 'leisure wear' looks just like PJ's! Down to slip on, down trodden, ' let's pretend to be ' ugg boots that do not look dissimilar to my winter pull on slipper boots.
    I find sometimes I can't tell if it's day wear or night wear these days. Leggings and tops often just look like PJ's!

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I've only once answered the door in my PJs and that was when a parent turned up at 7.30am on my day off, despite the endless reminders that I was having the whole week off.

The worst I do now is occasionally answer the door with no makeup on - not a pretty sight for child or parent!

19. Likes BallyH liked this post
    Nov 13
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

It seems that Chanel led the fashion in wearing pJ's as day wear : BBC have followed up this news item in their magazine today:

When pyjamas ruled the fashion world - BBC News

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I do think there's a difference in wearing pyjamas as a day time outfit and heading out of the house in the same clothes you've slept in, without even having had a wash and brushing your hair!

To be honest, if a parent got up, got washed and decided to put on a onesie or a clean pair of PJs to do the school run I don't see that it really matters. Especially not when many of them could pass as daywear anyway.
    What I don't like to see are the mums (and it is usually the mums) who turn up at school in PJs and dressing gown looking like they've just got out of bed. Surely in the time it takes to put a dressing gown on they could have put a coat on instead.

22. Likes BallyH, FloraDora liked this post
    Oct 97
    Post Thanks / Like

To be honest I do t think most parents notice what we are wearing as long as lo gets in the door and they can get off to work
    I sure most of the time I wouldn't be able to tell you what a particular parent was wearing at drop off either, really doesn't bother me, parents turn up in all different kinds of attire.

Dec 02
    Post Thanks / Like

I have had the family knocking at the door as my alarm clock a few days over the years. All a bit embarrassing for everyone!!

Although, it does show that we are also humans too!!!

25. Likes rickysmiths liked this post
    Feb 13
    Post Thanks / Like

I've had kids turn up in Jim jams but not adults. I recently saw a mum walking down the high street at 3:15 pick up in pink fluffy dressing gown and slippers complete with a fag hanging out her mouth - I just wouldn't have the balls!

Mar 15
    Post Thanks / Like

I was close to it this morning. I'm sure my alarm didn't go off (that's my story and I'm sticking to it) and I had 10 minutes to rush around getting ready! Thank goodness I prep a lot the night before. I'd be so embarrassed if I slept in until a parent dropped off. O_O