Parent Welcome Pack
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  1
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    PRE-REG
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Parent Welcome Pack

Hi, I have recently registered as a childminder so I have been putting together a parent welcome pack. What I have feels like there's a lot to read and go over and may be a bit over the top for a parent. So I was wondering if anyone could tell me what they would suggest to go in a welcome pack.
    Thanks!

amirose Guest

Quote Originally Posted by sineadxyx View Post
    Hi, I have recently registered as a childminder so I have been putting together a parent welcome pack. What I have feels like there's a lot to read and go over and may be a bit over the top for a parent. So I was wondering if anyone could tell me what they would suggest to go in a welcome pack.
    Thanks!
    Mine is also a lot to read. I have all he basics about routine, our home, meals etc but then I also include all my policies and procedures. I have a meeting with parents first do that we can discuss most of it in person but then give it to them to take away should they have any other questions. Then when they sign up I know that they have already read all of my policies and procedures before doing so. 👍

Feb 06
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't have policies and procedures in mine. That comes after. I've also got some recent 'thank you' cards etc, my latest ofsted inspection report and an example of a few downloads I would have sent the other parents for example the nspcc internet safety advice, healthy lunchbox recipes, 'starting school' information. Just a few 'bits' to show I'll work in partnership with them.

PRE-REG
    Post Thanks / Like

Ok thanks for the advice guys! Think I might just email my policies from now on.

Feb 06
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by sineadxyx View Post
    Ok thanks for the advice guys! Think I might just email my policies from now on.
    The inspector told me emailing policies is the way forward.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by moh View Post

The inspector told me emailing policies is the way forward.
    That's what mine said on my pre reg visit, so that's what I did!

7. Likes BallyH liked this post
    PRE-REG
    Post Thanks / Like

I actually printed all mine off and then laminated them thinking they would be used again and again 😂 oh well at least I will always have them handy if a parent asks about something.

Jan 16
    Post Thanks / Like

I like the idea of having a pack. At the minute, I have a few business cards that go to my son's nursery for casual handouts to other parents (the staff there requested them, which was lovely!), then I have my flier (that's basically a double-sided A4 sheet folded into three) that I think gives enough info for a more-than-casual enquiries (it's got info on my setting, menus, hours, activities, pricing structure), then I have a policies and contract file printed out so that the parents can sign to say that they agree to my policies and procedures (to avoid them saying they were unaware of something later).

oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I have a trifold A4 sheet that I give to all prospective parents.

it has a brief bit about me and my family, my aims as a childminder, a brief rundown of routine/activities for both EY and schoolies, a sample menu, my fees/opening hours/funding info, briefly what their child would need to bring with them and that's it!

I keep my policies etc in my portfolio which I give parents to look at when they visit, and then I give them a copy when we have signed contracts.