Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: epipen form..

Registered Childminder since
    sept 05
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Default epipen form..

I was wondering if anyone has an epipen form that I could use as a guideline for the parent to sign saying they are happy for me to use and that I know how? Not sure what to write on it?!

Thanks

Nov 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

A child with an epi-pen needs a Care Plan- google for templates: need to cover child's details, health info, GP details, what are the triggers, how to avoid, signs to look for, how to store epi-pen, when/how to keep it with you, what to do if allergic reaction (is the anti-histamines-tablets as a 1st step?), emergency contact details, what training you need/have, etc etc. If child is at school they will have one you can adapt. Parents and you sign- review annually or sooner as needed.

Dec 04
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Any child with an allergy and attending the Allergy Clinic at the hospital will have a treatment plan drawn up by the doctor or nurse that they see each time. My son's is reviewed each time we go and a new one sent to me. I then photocopy it and pass it on to school, work etc. He doesn't have an Epipen now but he did when he was younger. The treatment plan will outline the various stages of allergy reaction and what should be done for each stage. The allergy clinic can also arrange training showing how to use the Epipen, at my last first aid course we were also shown an Epipen and he explained how to use it. I'm happy to post a pic of my son's plan to give you an idea, but obviously they are personal to each child.