Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Registered Childminder since
    oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Simona View Post

Have you been inspected yet?....I keep looking for the announcement Ofsted have remembered you!
    Nope! 7 yrs and 3 mths!

Had I still been where I used to live, the baby mindee who started a month after my inspection, would now be out of my ratios! :-)

Jun 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

Good evening all,

So im doing my SEF as i figured it was a good place to start. but im stuck on this question.....

A1-11 outline any specific issues that aid or prevent the smooth running of your setting, such as: recent training attended/qualifications gained; difficulties in recruiting/retaining staff ; recent/impending reorganisation or change of staff.

what sorts of things do you think should go in here?

Thanks

Wendy

Simona Guest

Uh...I will try, here we go and maybe someone else will come to your aid as well

The question is in part focussed on schools or those who employ 'staff'...if you don't have an assistant it may not be easy to answer.

the first part asks for anything that may prevent you 'managing your setting'...so linked to Leadership and Management

I can think of working in partnership with parents and other providers...has any training helped you to improve this partnership? if so what have you changed and why and is it working?

have you tried to improve communication but failed...or succeeded?
    what about parents?...or other providers...are they working with you? are there any barriers or anything that needs improving

those are my thoughts ...hope they help!

oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Simona View Post
    Uh...I will try, here we go and maybe someone else will come to your aid as well

The question is in part focussed on schools or those who employ 'staff'...if you don't have an assistant it may not be easy to answer.

the first part asks for anything that may prevent you 'managing your setting'...so linked to Leadership and Management

I can think of working in partnership with parents and other providers...has any training helped you to improve this partnership? if so what have you changed and why and is it working?

have you tried to improve communication but failed...or succeeded?
    what about parents?...or other providers...are they working with you? are there any barriers or anything that needs improving

those are my thoughts ...hope they help!
    :-) that's pretty much what I waffled on about in mine! Emphasis on variety of ways I try to get parents involved/responding! (And lack of success even though they all say they will!)

Jun 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

Awsome thanks. I'm working my way through the SEF quite well. Hopefully I'll have it done by tonight/tomorrow to email over.

There was another question I was stuck on which I will post in a while. Just stopped for lunch and will be back to it.

Thank goodness for lazy Fridays. The children have been busy playing and being really good and they now all go to sleep so I will have at least 1hr Un interrupted. Thanks again. X

Feb 06
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Memina View Post
    Awsome thanks. I'm working my way through the SEF quite well. Hopefully I'll have it done by tonight/tomorrow to email over.

There was another question I was stuck on which I will post in a while. Just stopped for lunch and will be back to it.

Thank goodness for lazy Fridays. The children have been busy playing and being really good and they now all go to sleep so I will have at least 1hr Un interrupted. Thanks again. X
    Memina you sent them to me! They phoned today and are coming next week. Gulp. But, lucky you she has already 'taken' my sef as she mentioned it on the phone so I can't update it.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12