Do i need to fill in medication form?
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  2
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    Pre-reg
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Do i need to fill in medication form?

Bit of back story, child 2.5 was born with hole in heart and after recent concerns about his general health he was in hospital yesterday for a checkup, the hospital have fitted him with a heart monitor (small box attached to him via various leads and plasters) which he's wearing today. Parents have to take it in to hospital today at 4 so are collecting monitor (but not child) at 3, and have asked me to remove monitor (undo sticky tabs and pull off) before nap so that it's ready for collection.

Apart from this he's on no oral medication whatsoever. He was until he was 1, but has stopped now. In the case of this monitor, do I need to fill in any kind of medication form?? Since it's not really 'oral' medication as such?

Thanks in advance!

Feb 06
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Kaybeaa View Post
    Bit of back story, child 2.5 was born with hole in heart and after recent concerns about his general health he was in hospital yesterday for a checkup, the hospital have fitted him with a heart monitor (small box attached to him via various leads and plasters) which he's wearing today. Parents have to take it in to hospital today at 4 so are collecting monitor (but not child) at 3, and have asked me to remove monitor (undo sticky tabs and pull off) before nap so that it's ready for collection.

Apart from this he's on no oral medication whatsoever. He was until he was 1, but has stopped now. In the case of this monitor, do I need to fill in any kind of medication form?? Since it's not really 'oral' medication as such?

Thanks in advance!
    Have you written an ongoing 'care plan' so that it is his records, especially if you had an emergency and someone else had to take over - or am I thinking about this too much?
    I would record what you had to do as it does involve some level of medical care. Get parents to sign. We are meant to record all incidents involving the children.

3. Likes rickysmiths liked this post
    Pre-reg
    Post Thanks / Like

Yes I've got a plan which I drew up when he started coming to me and he had to have medication with me, but then he was signed off from the hospital and didn't need to take any more medication so I haven't filled anything out since, as until yesterday there was no need to. However I'll write this up as an incident! Presumably I'm ok to keep the medication form blank though unless he starts on medication?

Feb 06
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Kaybeaa View Post
    Yes I've got a plan which I drew up when he started coming to me and he had to have medication with me, but then he was signed off from the hospital and didn't need to take any more medication so I haven't filled anything out since, as until yesterday there was no need to. However I'll write this up as an incident! Presumably I'm ok to keep the medication form blank though unless he starts on medication?
    Only medication goes on that form. Keep all the paperwork together for the 'big' picture.

Simona Guest

In this case you are caring for a child who has an ongoing medical condition but one that, at the moment, does not require medication.

These details should be in the child's own file and you need to follow the parents' instructions...which must be in writing... as to what you need to do or react to....anything more complicated means you can be trained to cater for that condition.

7. Likes rickysmiths liked this post