Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  1
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    04/1/15
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Plans for the month etc

Hi All,

I am very new to this site, I'm about 30 mins old...

I am a new childminder and would like to know how other childminders record the planning as I feel a bit bogged down with all the paperwork.

Do you also ensure you do a adult led activity everyday?

I'm giving tapestry a try for the observations/learning journals and I like it. (less paperwork)

if you can help, please do.

Thanks

Nov 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I have 1-2 year olds only, so 'we will do this planned activity today' planning I find pointless!

I structure the week around our outings- woods, toddler group, soft play etc.
    Then I add in any particular event I want to use as a prompt (for a craft/sensory tray/stories)- Christmas, seasonal theme, Easter etc.
    I make a termly sheet of next steps per child: 3-5 per Prime Area per child (+ some specific areas if relevant) so I know what each child is 'working on'.
    Beyond that we just go day by day and see what we fancy- I have everything easy to access and easy to set up- playdough, paints, markmaking, toys/books they can access themselves etc. We are very spontaneous.

If you feel bogged down you might be doing too much- try not doing it all (forget the planning for a week or two!), see how it goes and add back in what you feel you need to help you work. Do you have other local CMers you can talk to?

Every one has their own way... Some need to write things down, some like to work more spontaneously- it is a case of finding the balance that works for you.

Nov 05
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by princeprincess View Post
    Hi All,

I am very new to this site, I'm about 30 mins old...

I am a new childminder and would like to know how other childminders record the planning as I feel a bit bogged down with all the paperwork.

Do you also ensure you do a adult led activity everyday?

I'm giving tapestry a try for the observations/learning journals and I like it. (less paperwork)

if you can help, please do.

Thanks
    Hi

I've just started using Tapestry too and am finding it brilliant...I'm on a trial atm but will definitely be signing up.

As far as planning goes...

I have a wide age range I cater for right now, from 15 months to 11 years...so each day and sections of the day is different.

For the after schoolies, I always plan and prepare a planned activity which they can choose to be involved in or not...sometimes this is adult lead, sometimes not.

My littlies who are in EYFS...I always plan my week and days in general and use PLODs (possible lines of development) to plan their activities following their interests, then add those into my plans. Put the childs initials next to the activity you have planned
    Once they've done an activity, I observe it, date it and link it to my plans so it tallies up for Ofsted.

It really is a simple system I use so if paperwork is too much then you may be overthinking it!

Hope that helps a little...but everyone will work differently xx
    Sarah, Bumble Beez x x

04/1/15
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Thank you

Thank you so much for your help.

I'M going to re think my paper work. I think I am making it more difficult than what is needed....

I am looking for a all about me form as I can not find where I originally printed them off from....

any help for paper templates to make my job easier would be much appreciated.

Thank you Both for taking the time to reply..

5. Likes Bumble Beez liked this post
    Nov 05
    Post Thanks / Like

I'M going to re think my paper work. I think I am making it more difficult than what is needed....

I am looking for a all about me form as I can not find where I originally printed them off from....

Message me your email hun and I'll email over what I use xx
    Sarah, Bumble Beez x x

Nov 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

There is an All About Me within Tapestry- parents can fill it in online - see 'Children' and click on 'About Me' for a child and the form opens.

Nov 05
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by moggy View Post

There is an All About Me within Tapestry- parents can fill it in online - see 'Children' and click on 'About Me' for a child and the form opens.
    I didn't know this hun...I've just started using Tapestry and still so much to look at xx
    Sarah, Bumble Beez x x

Nov 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bumble Beez View Post
    I didn't know this hun...I've just started using Tapestry and still so much to look at xx
    There is loads in there once you start clicking away! I hope you find it useful.

Dec 04
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Hi, I have some paperwork templates for observations and All about Me. I'm happy to send them to if you would like to take a look. X