Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    may 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Default How do you organise yours??

Hi there,
    Am trying to organise my paperwork and was wondering if any of you have Safe guarding folder and if you do what paper work do you have in it!
    I am thinking of putting my (and assistants and hubby) DBS
    Flow chart supplied by L.A
    Allegations made against staff flow chart supplied my L.A
    Keysafeguarding contact numbers
    but what would I do with paper work that is currently in a different folder ie safeguarding children policy /procedure, safeguarding staff procedure which is in my policies and procedures folder or record accident,incident which is kept in my Pacey medical folder any advice...

Thanks in advance x x

Mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Put it wherever you want. As long as you know where it is if you need it, and as long as it is there somewhere then the inspector will find it and tick the box to say you have got it. We all do things differently and so there are no rights and wrongs. I don't like having lots of mini folders, I prefer to keep it all in one big lever arch file.

Sept 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I have a section on SUitable premises and have my Risk assessments in it, Suitable People and have all documents relating to me and any assistants, then I have all my polices and procedures, local safeguarding board procedures....car stuff eg copy of insurance etc, fire drills log sheet, anything about fire safety or road safety, allergy info......

4. Likes Maza liked this post
    Feb 06
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I've got several folders.
    Policy & procedures. In this is my safeguarding policy with updated phone numbers. Also got the phone numbers stuck on a small piece of paper on my notice board.
    Risk assessment folder.
    'Prospective/new parents' folder and this, amongst other things, contains all our dbs/crb forms.
    An accident/incidents/medication/concerns book.
    Parents complaint book.
    Fire evacuation sheet is in the front of my attendance register.
    Plus a lot of other folders that are for my reference only, ie with the latest updated info. Ofsted, food safety/hygiene. Safeguarding containing all the latest updated document fron sheets as full documents are saved on my laptop. Planning folders etc.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MOH View Post
    I've got several folders. Policy & procedures. In this is my safeguarding policy with updated phone numbers. Also got the phone numbers stuck on a small piece of paper on my notice board. Risk assessment folder. 'Prospective/new parents' folder and this, amongst other things, contains all our dbs/crb forms. An accident/incidents/medication/concerns book. Parents complaint book. Fire evacuation sheet is in the front of my attendance register. Plus a lot of other folders that are for my reference only, ie with the latest updated info. Ofsted, food safety/hygiene. Safeguarding containing all the latest updated document fron sheets as full documents are saved on my laptop. Planning folders etc.
    Oh yes, do we need numbers up on our Noticeboards? If so, which ones?

Aug 94
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

I've got several folders.
    Policy & procedures. In this is my safeguarding policy with updated phone numbers. Also got the phone numbers stuck on a small piece of paper on my notice board.
    Risk assessment folder.
    'Prospective/new parents' folder and this, amongst other things, contains all our dbs/crb forms.
    An accident/incidents/medication/concerns book.
    Parents complaint book.
    Fire evacuation sheet is in the front of my attendance register.
    Plus a lot of other folders that are for my reference only, ie with the latest updated info. Ofsted, food safety/hygiene. Safeguarding containing all the latest updated document fron sheets as full documents are saved on my laptop. Planning folders etc.
    But we don't need written Risk Assessments

New parents don't need to see the actual CRB/DBS certificates they belong to the people they are done on not the childminder. All the childminder needs is the letter of suitability from ofsted regarding the person and now because they don't send that the Certificate number which parents don't need to see. By seeing your Ofsted Registration Cert they are seeing that you have been and all the people who work for you and live in your home are correctly checked. No Pre School, Nursery or school shows the parents every member od staffs actual CRB/DBS cert (they don't have them anyway because they are sent to the member of staff). All an Inspector wants to see are the Certificate numbers. Sorry a bug bear of mine.

Simona Guest

Goodness...surely allowing parents to see DBS is a breach of data and confidentiality towards those who live in our settings?

I would say it breaches our Data Controller role....maybe those not sure should clarify that with the ICO...I would never show such confidential information about staff in such a way....I am sure nurseries do not do that...worth checking!

9. Likes rickysmiths liked this post
    Feb 06
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Simona View Post
    Goodness...surely allowing parents to see DBS is a breach of data and confidentiality towards those who live in our settings?

I would say it breaches our Data Controller role....maybe those not sure should clarify that with the ICO...I would never show such confidential information about staff in such a way....I am sure nurseries do not do that...worth checking!
    I will look into that, although only myself, husband and 2 sons. They are folded in a clear wallet with name number showing. No one has ever taken them out of the wallet.

Simona Guest

I will look into that, although only myself, husband and 2 sons. They are folded in a clear wallet with name number showing. No one has ever taken them out of the wallet.
    Good idea...just to be on the safe side!!

In response to the OP we organise our paperwork/documentation our own way but it has been usually done by 'Welfare Requirements'...each one clearly stated in the EYFS...not to Ofsted expectations but to follow the statutory requirements.

That can build a concise but effective Portfolio without having dozens of folder for the inspector....and something easy to use for you as well.

The one about 'Suitable People' is the personal one for a cm...that is where I would put all DBS's, qualifications, training, CPPD and use it as a CV in a way!!...if you ever went for an interview that is your 'personal skills' source and history!

I would put a hard copy of any policies in there...after all they are your own work but think hard about producing things that are no longer required.

The day the EYFS is updated again is the day we can all cheer!!