Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  5
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Decmber pay

Registered Childminder since
    Pre reg
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Decmber pay

I'm currently sorting out my monthly payment plan. Payment is done for the month gone. So in arrears. But in December shall I do in advance or shall I just invoice as normal

Feb 06
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Am I right in thinking then they pay you end of November for November and almost immediatley pay you for December? Why are you worried about December?

Mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MOH View Post
    Am I right in thinking then they pay you end of November for November and almost immediatley pay you for December? Why are you worried about December?
    My thoughts exactly... x

4. Likes Ripeberry liked this post
    july05
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Kayhelen12 View Post
    I'm currently sorting out my monthly payment plan. Payment is done for the month gone. So in arrears. But in December shall I do in advance or shall I just invoice as normal
    Invoice as normal.
    When someone tells you nothing is impossible, tell them to go slam a revolving door

Simona Guest

It will depend on what it says on your contract.
    If your parents are invoiced at the end of the month during the year according to your contract you can only change the December payment if you have addressed that in your contract....otherwise the parents could question you why 2 payments in such a short time.

Hope you get it sorted.

Nov 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Just do your usual thing.

You must have a reason for asking, so may I be nosy and ask why you think you might want to do things differently for December?

Dec 02
    Post Thanks / Like

I also charge in arrears. In December, I give my parents their invoices in their last day attending. Some pay early, others don't - they pay at their normal time. I know all the payments will come in at some time.

9. Likes hectors house, Dragonfly liked this post
    June 95
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Non childminder member
    childminder
    Post Thanks / Like

I do my December bill the last week I work and usual get payment for December the week they start back in January. So the same as every other month.

11. Likes hectors house liked this post
    July07
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

I send invoices out at the end of the month to be paid by the 1st.
    In the summer when the majority of families don't attend throughout the school holidays I give them July's invoice around 27th June and then when school breaks up on 12th July(ish) I give them Septembers bill to pay by 1st September as I wont see them.

Is this what you mean for December? Because they wont be around?
    Time Out.. The perfect time for thinking about what you're going to destroy next.

Pre reg
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by JCrakers View Post
    I send invoices out at the end of the month to be paid by the 1st. In the summer when the majority of families don't attend throughout the school holidays I give them July's invoice around 27th June and then when school breaks up on 12th July(ish) I give them Septembers bill to pay by 1st September as I wont see them. Is this what you mean for December? Because they wont be around?
    Yes that's what I meant. I've got in my contracts I will break up on the last Thursday before Xmas. And i won't be starting till the kids go back.
    So was wondering what other people do for the holiday's.

Feb 06
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Give each family December's bill on the last day they attend in December and say when it has to be paid by, ie end of December or whatever is on their contract. They'll propably be expecting it.

15. Likes bunyip liked this post
    Nov 13
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I use an online invoicing system...but essentially they get their invoice via an email so I never really discuss payments face to face...they pay by the 28th.by BAC ....I send a receipt when it arrives in my account...it doesn't matter whether I see them personally....so if the end of the month is a hoilday time...like Christmas the same system happens.

Sept 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by FloraDora View Post
    I use an online invoicing system...but essentially they get their invoice via an email so I never really discuss payments face to face...they pay by the 28th.by BAC ....I send a receipt when it arrives in my account...it doesn't matter whether I see them personally....so if the end of the month is a hoilday time...like Christmas the same system happens.
    I do the same.
    All my invoices are sent electronically. I expect payment on the last working day of the month so usually send invoices out around the 22nd / 23rd. If there are bank holidays at the end of the month I make sure I remind them on the invoice so they can amend the day they do their transfers if needed.

xx

Post Thanks / Like

Does anyone invoice 4 weekly?

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mumofone View Post
    Does anyone invoice 4 weekly?
    It depends how the parents get paid. If they get paid 4 weekly I am happy to invoice 4 weekly. I invoice some weekly, some calendar monthly, some every 2 weeks.

As long as the time scales are agreed with parents and as long as you keep a close eye on who you invoice and when, you can do it as you want

Post Thanks / Like

I send all of my invoices around 20th by email, with payments due by 1st of month - works well for me. As someone else mentioned I don't need to discuss face to face or give out a paper invoice (except for one family) so it doesn't matter when I see them.