child turns 16, Where to start??
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  3
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

Default child turns 16, Where to start??

hello,

I am not sure where I should put this thread in this forum!!
    My own child is now 16. I have received letter from Ofsted asking me to complete EY2 form and register with DBS.
    I went on the link they send me for ey2 ( online Ofsted/default.aspx) but when I go on it comes with lots of options and I don't know which one I should press and what I am supposed to do!!

The same with DBS check: the website comes with too many options.
    It is probably very easy but I can't find what to do.

Feb 06
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

My eldest son, 19, certificate says 'childminders son homebased'. My second son, 17, certificate says ' living at childminders premises'. You will only get so far with the Ey2 form and then it will ask you for a DBS number. This is where you apply for the DBS and have to pay before you apply. Yes the forms are long. You'll need documents, that are listed, to show the person who will provide the reference for your son.

So start the EY2
    Apply for your DBS
    Get your references sorted then post them to the DBS quoting all relevant reference numbers so they can match up the on-line application with the postal reference
    Wait.
    And wait for Dbs to send your certificate.
    You should get an acknowledgement from them with a reference number saying it's being processed. I waited a week then I registered for the 'update service' at £13 a year and my certificate arrived approx 4 days later.
    Then continue with your saved EY2 form with your new DBS certificate number.
    Hopefully that is all correct.

3. Likes v 1461 liked this post
    Dec 02
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm still waiting for my daughters to come through, she was 16 in July. When I spoke to Ofsted about her application, they said that they can see her DBS is currently going through, and that I have done all of my EY2 apart from the DBS number. When you start the DBS, you can actually apply for the updates after one of the initial emails. I did this then, so I royals not miss the deadline of 19 days later on.

July07
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

I found it a very confusing process coupled with the fact that we now have to pay £13 on top of the price of the DBS.
    Apologies, but it was so long winded and unnecessarily confusing that i've forgotten what I did

Time Out.. The perfect time for thinking about what you're going to destroy next.

6. Likes BallyH, loocyloo liked this post
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

can I be the responsible person checking his ID ( childminder is in the list I think but I don't know if it can be family member)??
    thank you

July07
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by v 1461 View Post
    can I be the responsible person checking his ID ( childminder is in the list I think but I don't know if it can be family member)??
    thank you
    Don't think you can do it yourself. From what I remember it has to be someone unrelated.
    Time Out.. The perfect time for thinking about what you're going to destroy next.

Feb 06
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I also was under the impression it had to be somebody else. Well I hope from my point of view as it was a hassle getting someone from the list to commit to filling out the forms each time.

Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

just read on DBS form that it can't be someone related but I think it can be another Ofsted reg childminder.
    I hope so anyway as it will make things easier for me

Dec 02
    Post Thanks / Like

Who normally signs your passports?? I asked one of my police officer parents who usually does our passports. The actual job list is quite long.