Parental permission
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    Jun 09
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Parental permission

I have a 2 page document of parental permission for everything you can think of.

Each permission has a signature and date ie 1 for outings, 1 for transport etc etc and I've had a couple of parents comment that it seemed odd. I would like to simplify the form if possible, would it be ok to have the date only once on the form at the beginning or end? rather than against every signature, after all it's completed at the same time.

I'm not sure if mine is overkill and wanted to ask what others do???

Sept 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't have anything like that. I have one form with permissions on it and parents just sign it once, usually when they sign the contract and that covers me for anytime. If I come across anything else that I think I might need written permission for then I'll draw up a sheet and get parents to sign the extra one but they only ever sign once, not everytime I use that permission, I would never have the time for that

xxx

Jun 09
    Post Thanks / Like

Opps I don't mean they sign every time I use the permission, I have a permission sheet that lists all the individual permissions

ie take on outings, signature & date

apply plasters etc, signature & date

give first aid, signature & date

take photographs signature & date

the list goes on and takes them a while to complete, after recent comments I'm wondering if I do too much, is one signature at the end enough? or does each one need a separate signature? if each one is separate they need to date each one or is date at the beginning or end of the form enough?

Nov 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by pinklady756 View Post
    Opps I don't mean they sign every time I use the permission, I have a permission sheet that lists all the individual permissions

ie take on outings, signature & date

apply plasters etc, signature & date

give first aid, signature & date

take photographs signature & date

the list goes on and takes them a while to complete, after recent comments I'm wondering if I do too much, is one signature at the end enough? or does each one need a separate signature? if each one is separate they need to date each one or is date at the beginning or end of the form enough?
    If you require permission for all then 1 signature per parent, at the bottom, dated, is enough.
    If there are some optional permissions, where parents can 'opt out' you may look at a way to cross out or tick which ones they do or do not agree to.

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I have one sheet with all the permissions on. It just needs one signature and date at the bottom of the page.

Feb 06
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Maybe you could also put beside every permission wanted, say on the right hand side, a 'yes' and 'no' column going down the whole page of permissions and ask them to circle their preferred choice and get them to sign and date at the very end, one signature.

Mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MOH View Post
    Maybe you could also put beside every permission wanted, say on the right hand side, a 'yes' and 'no' column going down the whole page of permissions and ask them to circle their preferred choice and get them to sign and date at the very end, one signature.
    That's what I do. Much quicker. x

Nov 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Mine is quite long, but does not require a signature for every individual item.

I list a big chunk of things for which I need all parents to give permission. Then I list another chunk of things which the parent is signing to say they understand that's how I do things.

I then have a photo consent section, where the parent can choose to sign for different 'levels' of consent (eg. they might agree to me using photos in a learning journal, but not for publicity.)

The final section is consent for my assistant (Mrs B) to have sole care for up to 2 hours per day if necessary.

In summary, a long form, but just 3 signatures, in order to give maximum choice.

Jun 09
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks guys, that sounds much more sensible, so I'm going to simplify mine now :-)