Safeguarding policy - Help please!
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    Oct 15
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Safeguarding policy - Help please!

Hi

Is there anyone who is in Staffordshire who has altered the policy template from the Staffordshire SCB for their own use. I have gone through quite a lot of it but could really do with a couple of questions answering.

Thanks

pre-reg
    Post Thanks / Like

Hi
    Im from tamworth and just amended it to suit my setting i.e. took out child-minding assistants

Oct 15
    Post Thanks / Like

Hope you don't mind me asking you questions but there are a number of things I am unsure of and would really appreciate a pointer from someone else who has gone through it.

Do you know if we are expected to leave the introduction at the beginning in? It seems more like it is explaining to us what policies are and why we need them.

There are lots of references to passing info to the DSL which is applicable if it is being used in a organisation of more than one person but I will be doing that so do I just reword those bits to make it just refer to me referring information direct to the relevent organisation (first response etc)?

Do you know how much of it we are expected to give to parents to read? I'm thinking about the Appendices in particular that outline the types of abuse. Surely we are only expected to share the sections that outline what our duty is, what we will do if we have any concerns etc?

Would be really grateful if you are able to answer any of these questions or point me in the right direction.

Thank you

pre-reg
    Post Thanks / Like

Its fine ask away ,
    As far as I am aware I have left the induction in mine just in case any parents do wish to see it . in regards to passing the info on to the DSL I just reworded it to say that I would be the main person and then gave details on first response if they wished to go above me . I think it just the parents appendix's that we give however I will be sending emails to parents will all policy and procedures on so they can if they wish read it all . Hope this helps.

Oct 15
    Post Thanks / Like

That's brilliant. Thank you. Trying to get all my policies and paperwork sorted ready for the registration call from ofsted but my head is starting to swim a little. Hopefully will be finished soon.

pre-reg
    Post Thanks / Like

I was the same best thing I dound was to do a little at a time say 3 policys have a break repeat.