Invoice help
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  1
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Invoice help

Post Thanks / Like

Default Invoice help

Hello, I am a newly registered childminder and wondered if anyone could help. I'm looking for a very basic template for an invoice to parents. Just something very simple. Does by one know where I could find a template without having to pay for it or any pointers about what to put in it?
    Many thanks

Registered Childminder since
    Nov 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Mine are done each calander month:

Parents names and address/phone/email
    my name and address/phone/email
    Child's name
    Invoice number (I staerted counting them at 0001)
    Invoice date (I date and email them 14 days from 1st of the month)
    Payment Due by ... (date = 1st of the calander month for me)
    Please pay into bank account ...(my bank details, all pay online)
    Contracted hours: days/hours per week

Then I have an little Excel grid with number of days that month x number of hours per day = total hours that calander month
    x my hourly rate
    = Invoice total

I add in any extra hours they have had and deduct any days I have been closed due to sickness etc.

Google it- there are loads of free templates. But you need to tweak to suit you and your way of charging. I like simple charging (hourly fee) and simple invoicing!

Dec 02
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by moggy View Post
    Mine are done each calander month: Parents names and address/phone/email my name and address/phone/email Child's name Invoice number (I staerted counting them at 0001) Invoice date (I date and email them 14 days from 1st of the month) Payment Due by ... (date = 1st of the calander month for me) Please pay into bank account ...(my bank details, all pay online) Contracted hours: days/hours per week Then I have an little Excel grid with number of days that month x number of hours per day = total hours that calander month x my hourly rate = Invoice total I add in any extra hours they have had and deduct any days I have been closed due to sickness etc. Google it- there are loads of free templates. But you need to tweak to suit you and your way of charging. I like simple charging (hourly fee) and simple invoicing!
    I have a 'notes' box on the bottom of mine, where I add my holiday dates, plus any reminders such as 'just to remind you, I have important parents evening in xxx, so will be finishing at 4pm on that date'.

oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

:0) i do the same as moggy and also add extra info at the bottom.

I also have a bit of blurb at the bottom reminding about 48hrs exclusion for illness, 4 weeks written notice, and my holiday dates for the year.

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you all so much. Love that idea about notes/reminders at the bottom.
    Thanks again xx

Nov 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

I also like the ideas of reminders at the bottom - but I don't think my parents would read them - they just see the total and concentrate on that! My bank transfer details are on my invoices and I still get asked for them - so know they don't look in too much detail at them, lol.

If you are offering funded hours -you will probably have to have your invoice template comply with your LA guidelines. I know we have to here.

Dec 02
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by k1rstie View Post
    I have a 'notes' box on the bottom of mine, where I add my holiday dates, plus any reminders such as 'just to remind you, I have important parents evening in xxx, so will be finishing at 4pm on that date'.

If you have information like your holiday dates on your invoices, then the parents cannot really argue that they haven't seen them without making them look very silly. If you reply that the dates were on each invoice for the past 5 months, they cannot really argue with that

8. Likes AliceK liked this post
    Nov 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

bet they would still try tho, lol