Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Privacy notice

Registered Childminder since
    Jul 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Privacy notice

Can anyone help please? Do I need to provide my parents with a privacy notice? My local pre school has a privacy notice they gave out to parents. Is this something CM's need to do and when do you do it- when you take on a child, or would it be ok to do it through a newsletter. Does anyone have a link to a template I could use please (I've mislaid my copy from the pre school )

july05
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by tiredandemotional View Post
    Can anyone help please? Do I need to provide my parents with a privacy notice? My local pre school has a privacy notice they gave out to parents. Is this something CM's need to do and when do you do it- when you take on a child, or would it be ok to do it through a newsletter. Does anyone have a link to a template I could use please (I've mislaid my copy from the pre school )
    No not heard of a privacy notice. Could it be about confidentially?
    When someone tells you nothing is impossible, tell them to go slam a revolving door

Simona Guest

Quote Originally Posted by tiredandemotional View Post
    Why don't you contact the preschool?
    tell them you have mislaid your form and would they be so kind to explain further about the 'privacy notice'....would they be referring to Data Protection maybe as well as confidentiality?
    Nothing in the EYFS points to this but best it comes from them.

Sept 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

My local authority sent me a privacy notice to display and give to parents when I started offering funded childcare. It basically states that I collect information, why I do it ( to support child's learning etc) and that I am required to pass on some information to the local authority in order for parents to claim funding. I would assume each local authority has their own document because it lists addresses and links for more information

Nov 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Evie125 View Post
    My local authority sent me a privacy notice to display and give to parents when I started offering funded childcare. It basically states that I collect information, why I do it ( to support child's learning etc) and that I am required to pass on some information to the local authority in order for parents to claim funding. I would assume each local authority has their own document because it lists addresses and links for more information
    You're assuming all LA's are equaly well-organised. Mine couldn't organise a wobble on a jelly.

..................not but that would stop them trying to tell everyone else how to do it.

Simona Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Evie125 View Post
    This is rather puzzling...but it is true that each LA has its own system and churns out extra paperwork
    The sharing of information with other professionals or agencies...with parental permission...has been so for several years and most Cms put it under the 'consent' section in their contract and also reinforce it in their Confidentiality policy

Parents who apply for certain funding...such as EYPP...will know they need to give certain information to the provider and that we implement Confidentiality and Data protection in who we share it with?...has this changed?