loft extension and child turn 16???
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

Default loft extension and child turn 16???

hello

I need advise for 2 things
    == first I had a loft extension a while ago , not used for childminding though: should I tell Ofsted about it?? what do I need to do??

== then one of my own children will turn 16 soon. what do I need to do??

thanks

pre-reg
    Post Thanks / Like

https://www.gov.uk/government/upload...ith_Ofsted.doc
     We are responsible for carrying out any necessary checks and making the suitability decision, as childminders and others providing childcare on domestic premises are not entitled to obtain an enhanced DBS check for their own household members. This will include checks on the manager for childcare on domestic premises.
    We ask applicants for registration as childminders and childcare on domestic premises to give us information about household members, including the dates of birth of all their children under16 years of age. We also expect these providers to notify us of any changes to people living in their households. We require this information so that we can make sure that when a person in a household turns 16, we take steps to carry out a DBS check on them and require them to join the DBS update service.

Sept 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

DBS for 16 year olds- I received a letter from ofsted a couple of days after my sons birthday with references and links on for setting up a government gateway account and obtaining a DBS check. The procedure is a bit complicated so read the whole letter before starting. You will need 3 forms of ID - we used birth certificate, pass port and recent letter from the bank ( had to open bank account to get the letter as previous account had a pass book) you can use a letter from the head teacher at school but plan ahead if your child's birthday falls in the school holidays!!. DBS took about a month to come - apply for update service as soon as you get email links, I know a childminder that waited for the certificate and due to postal problems missed the deadline and had to start the whole process again

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

DBS - DBS Checks

Loft - risk assess, make sure it's locked so children cannot get in.

Hth