Likes Likes:  1
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    pre-reg
    Post Thanks / Like

Default ***HELP TERMINATION OF CONTRACT WHAT DO I WRITE***

Hey all

This is my first post,
    I have a child who I've had since I started in November and im friends with the parent.

I have had several discussions about the nearly 3 year olds behaviour when here, I know kids can be kids but my 1 yr old does not go on as bad as this child.

He cries (I mean screaming for about 20 mins) when he is told no, he does the same whilst out walking (his mum walks with him) only with me hes been on the ground having a tantrum outside as well

he is not interested in attempting to share he snatches toys off all the children which then results in time out situation

he has started biting his arm I advised mum

speak to his mum she just says its only here when I know its not knowing her outside of work

People have commented on the issue of the screaming when out and its embarrassing and I advised the mum last Friday it has to stop, she is not willing to work along side me to try and resolve the issues. Today I told him to put his shoes on which he does and he started screaming so she did it. I said I cant believe you have just done that for him and she advised he put his foot in

I feel like im hitting my head against a brick wall wth this parent and being friends is making it harder and the comments she is making saying as he broke toys I must not have been looking after him etc has really annoyed me. SHe is unhappy about my holidays as she cant get them off

I have 2 young children in my setting also and I don't think there parents would be best pleased if they pick this up, its actually putting me off childminding if im honest.

Ive made the HUGE LEAP to terminate the contract ... do I need to list the reasons fro termination?

Thanks

Dec 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good ;-)
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

It is hard to work around problems but if a parent isn't on board it just isn't going to work, so in your position, I too would give notice.

It's entirely up to you if you decide to give a reason/reasons, I suspect you would rather save the friendship and not give a reason in writing, so I would just state a change in circumstances.

Dear Parent

In line with our contract, (it is with regret) I am writing to inform you that, due to a change of circumstances I must give you x weeks notice for the care for X.

The last day of care for X will be (date)
    Fees up until that date are £x.xx, and need to be paid and up to date by (date)

X is (some positive words about how the child has grown in your care) and will be missed
    I wish you, X (and any other family members if applicable) all the very best for the future

Signed
    One relieved childminder

Of course the parent is highly likely to ask verbally what the change of circumstances are so this is where you get a choice:
    a. you could be totally honest and tell her exactly why you no longer want to care for X, but this will put a huge strain on your friendship and will probably get mums back up no end
    b. you could be halfway honest and say that you feel there is or could become a conflict of interest working for a friend and that your friendship means more to you than any potential conflict
    or c. you could just say it's a personal matter and you're not able to discuss it outside the family and let her make her own assumptions

Good luck with whatever you decide, but always keep at the forefront of your head that if you've got to the point where you are seriously considering giving notice it is more than likely the correct thing to do so have no regrets

3. Likes hectors house liked this post
    May 08
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

You do not have to list reasons for termination, although, in her heart, I expect Mum will know why.

Post Thanks / Like

I am having a termination dilemma i am strugglng to pick an after schoolie up as a mindee finishes at 3 and im really strugglng to pick after schoolieup as there is no parkng near school, i am not late pickng up but with the parking problems i am late pickng my boys up fom school. Just struggling with wording of termination

Sept 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jnicoll1974 View Post
    I am having a termination dilemma i am strugglng to pick an after schoolie up as a mindee finishes at 3 and im really strugglng to pick after schoolieup as there is no parkng near school, i am not late pickng up but with the parking problems i am late pickng my boys up fom school. Just struggling with wording of termination
    Dear X,
    It is with regret that I am terminating our contract with four weeks notice from today, the last day will be x

I enclose an invoice for care up until x date but do understand that if you find alternative care and wish to leave earlier then payment can be made up until x's last day.

Yours sincerely

X

If they ask just say it isn't working for your children and you really must put them first in this circumstance.....