Lots of questions re possible new mindees
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Lots of questions re possible new mindees

Hi All,

I need some advice regarding a visit I had earlier from a potential new parent.

The Lady was lovely and is looking for before and after school care for her 9 year old step-daughter, and just after school care for her 12 year old step-daughter.
    The Lady told me that her and her Husband (kids dad), have full residency of both kids, after the kids were taken from their Mother 6 years ago. Do I need to see paperwork regarding this? And is step-mum able to complete my paperwork?

The Lady is wanting to come back this week to complete paperwork.

Also, the 12 year old attends Secondary school and gets a school bus to and from school. Step-Mum would like her to make her way to my house 3 nights a week once she gets off the school bus (should be at mine for 16.15pm) - Where do I stand with this? What if she doesn't turn up, am I responsible? I've not come across an enquiry like this and I just want to make sure I do everything correctly and professionally.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks. X

Registered Childminder since
    Aug 94
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

first question - talk to your legal team and see what they say about signing

second question - I have an independent arrival policy which states that I am not responsible until the child arrives here. I then go on to say what I would do should she not turn up. parents have to read and sign to accept the policy and its contents
    Debbie

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Chatterbox Childcare View Post
    first question - talk to your legal team and see what they say about signing second question - I have an independent arrival policy which states that I am not responsible until the child arrives here. I then go on to say what I would do should she not turn up. parents have to read and sign to accept the policy and its contents
    Brill that's great! Thanks for your advice - I'm with Pacey, so I'll give their Legal team a call tomorrow x