Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: send paperwork

Registered Childminder since
    aug 13
    Non childminder member
    childminder to be
    Post Thanks / Like

Default send paperwork

i was talking to pacy about paper work and she said i needed to have the send paperwork it was 15 pound something but am thinking do i really need this, does any one else know, i said i think i only need part of it and she said they can't do that its got to be all of it

Nov 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by amelia lilly View Post
    i was talking to pacy about paper work and she said i needed to have the send paperwork it was 15 pound something but am thinking do i really need this, does any one else know, i said i think i only need part of it and she said they can't do that its got to be all of it
    What SEND paperwork? I have looked in the Pacey shop and I can't see any SEND paperwork...?

There is no pre-printed SEND paperwork that you need. You Local Authority might ask you to prepare a 'Local Offer' explaining to parents and families how you could support SEND, and you may write a SEND policy for your own portfolio or include it in and Inclusion policy.

aug 13
    Non childminder member
    childminder to be
    Post Thanks / Like

ive got the send policy, got that from pacey can't ask my la because have'nt got 1 cos of all the cuts, its a send booket with all the information about it, this is why i joined pacey for support but i don't think i need it, its 15 pound something and that includes post

Post Thanks / Like

Is it just a printed copy of the SEND reform from Pacey? I've just downloaded it instead and saved it on my computer.

5. Likes Lal liked this post
    Sept 14
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

I think PACEY are trying to get you to buy one of these two documents which are available to download free on-line.

https://www.gov.uk/government/public...years-settings

https://www.gov.uk/government/public...actice-0-to-25

Nov 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Lal View Post
    I think PACEY are trying to get you to buy one of these two documents which are available to download free on-line.

https://www.gov.uk/government/public...years-settings

https://www.gov.uk/government/public...actice-0-to-25
    Ah, what a con!
    You do not need them printed out, just save on your computer and read on screen.
    If you are a frequent user of these documents- if you actually have SEND children on role and need to have a paper version for quick reference or making notes in then you can print out yourself.

I have not got it on paper, just on my PC.

aug 13
    Non childminder member
    childminder to be
    Post Thanks / Like

she did'nt tell me i could do that, so u can download from pacy and just read it on your computer, free i will ring bac tomorrow another money making thing

aug 13
    Non childminder member
    childminder to be
    Post Thanks / Like

she's already taken my money i will have to complain now

Sept 14
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

You download them from .gov website. They are not PACEY documents, they print them under licence I think.

11. Likes moggy liked this post
    Nov 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Lal View Post
    You download them from .gov website. They are not PACEY documents, they print them under licence I think.
    Yes, you are paying for nice glossy paper, proper binding and a proper cover. That is what costs the £15 or whatever.
    The CONTENT is freely available on line from Gov website, as linked already here.

aug 13
    Non childminder member
    childminder to be
    Post Thanks / Like

ok thanks, the thing is i phoned the helpline for advice about the paperwork i needed and she was'nt very helpful just said i needed that and told me how much it was, ive phoned them now they said when i send it bac and the get it they will give me my money bac

Simona Guest

Quote Originally Posted by amelia lilly View Post
    ive got the send policy, got that from pacey can't ask my la because have'nt got 1 cos of all the cuts, its a send booket with all the information about it, this is why i joined pacey for support but i don't think i need it, its 15 pound something and that includes post
    The SEND does not apply to just childcare...education.... but also Health in ever LA as it involves many agencies caring for the child and parents alongside a cm ...if the child is in our care

Every LA MUST have some information on their website regardless of cuts or number of staff employed because SEND is in the Children and Family Act 2014

The local offer is possibly still 'under construction' as they had little time to prepare...LAs will inform you when this is fully in place

Although SEND implies children with special education needs and disability it also covers children with complex needs such as asthma, diabetes and much more
    I have posted info here but cannot remember precisely where

Search your LA website and if you cannot find anything call them
    Good luck