Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  3
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    June 14
    Post Thanks / Like

Default COMPLAINTS FORM FOR PARENTS TO ACCESS

Hi,

I am a little confused about complaints forms and records, I have read Sarah's guide on childcare.co.uk and I have a couple of different forms to help me record the complaint and the action taken ect, but I'm not sure what I have to put out for parents, I need a form that I can duplicate a and put in a folder so parents then can take a form can fill it out of they want to make a complaint, is there free one anywhere, or what do I need to include in this form that is for parents to complain? ( not for me to record action taken ect )

Thanks Becky

Aug 94
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

I just have a Policy that tells them how they can Complain and the time scale of responses.

It has never occurred to me to make a form available to the parents to use to make a Complaint against me. Why would I help parents in making a Complaint and make more paperwork for myself?

Apr 99
    Post Thanks / Like

I agree with rickysmiths. You only need to have the Complaints Policy and a Complaints Log (it can be a blank page headed 'Complaints Log'. No form is required. I decided to have a Compliments and Complaints Policy. It made Mrs Ofsted smile!

4. Likes TabbyTuTu liked this post
    Simona Guest

If you look at EYFS it states clearly you need to deal with the complaint and respond within 28 days...this has not changed or at least I have not come across anything that points to that

A log is where you put your complaints ...so yes you need to devise your own form....and the details should include: how the parents complained, what about, action taken and response within 28 days

If parents are not happy they can escalate it to Ofsted but in the first instance it is us who deal with it and log it

Complaints EYFS p30-31
    3.74. Providers must put in place a written procedure for dealing with concerns and complaints from parents and/or carers, and must keep a written record of any complaints, and their outcome. Childminders are not required to have a written procedure for handling complaints, but they must keep a record of any complaints they receive and their outcome.
    All providers must investigate written complaints relating to their fulfillment of the EYFS requirements and notify complainants of the outcome of the investigation within 28 days of having received the complaint. The record of complaints must be made available to Ofsted or the relevant childminder agency on request.

In addition some cms also have a record of compliments or a way of asking parents for feedback on 'how to improve practice'

6. Likes TabbyTuTu, Rebeccadale liked this post