New Infection Guidance from Health England (update of 2010 Guidance)
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  12
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    Aug 94
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Default New Infection Guidance from Health England (update of 2010 Guidance)

Mar 14
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for that rickysmiths

3. Likes rickysmiths liked this post
    Simona Guest

Thanks RS for sharing this

5. Likes rickysmiths liked this post
    Jan 13
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for sharing the info.

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you. My poor printer is on overtime at the moment

8. Likes rickysmiths liked this post
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Thank you will come in handy x

Aug 08
    Post Thanks / Like

Thank you - are can't compare the 2 docs on my phone but has anyone notice any difference between this doc and the HPPA or whatever is called? TIA

Simona Guest

Quote Originally Posted by tori4 View Post
    Thank you - are can't compare the 2 docs on my phone but has anyone notice any difference between this doc and the HPPA or whatever is called? TIA
    I don't know which one you had before....I used to have one from my Local area ...this is brilliant because it's from HPE ...so no variations...one rule for all from one organization!
    I have skimmed through this one and I would suggest printing it and putting in our portfolio...I will be using it in my Information pack for parents as reference

I think I have noticed some welcome additions and the guidance on vomiting and diarrhoea will leave no parents in doubt on exclusion

12. Likes rickysmiths, TabbyTuTu liked this post
    Sept 14
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

I've just read through section 6- Good hygiene practice. I just want to check if the document is 'best practice' or 'statutory' e.g. do I have to ware an gloves and apron when changing a nappy and have clinical waste collection in place or can I show I have taken reasonable practical steps to control infection?

Sept 14
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Lal View Post
    I've just read through section 6- Good hygiene practice. I just want to check if the document is 'best practice' or 'statutory' e.g. do I have to ware an gloves and apron when changing a nappy and have clinical waste collection in place or can I show I have taken reasonable practical steps to control infection?
    Can anyone clarify please? I'm trying to update my policies/ procedures to fit with the new document and have a parent lined up to start as soon as my certificate arrives. I'd really like to be able to talk them through what I'll be doing and why.

Simona Guest

Some people use aprons others don't...I have some for dire emergencies such as a heavily soiled child who needs washing down
    gloves I would use even if a guidance but up to you...they cost very little and protect you especially when children have diarrhoea

Nurseries get waste collected for nappies but cms do not need this
    Put nappies in nappy sack and then another carrier bag and in your refuse bin...I mention this in my H&S policy and hygiene guidelines

Whatever procedures you use put in your policy and let parents read it and sign for it ...it will save you time at first meeting

It is up to you so do as you think is best for you...hope it helps?

Sept 14
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Simona View Post
    Some people use aprons others don't...I have some for dire emergencies such as a heavily soiled child who needs washing down
    gloves I would use even if a guidance but up to you...they cost very little and protect you especially when children have diarrhoea

Nurseries get waste collected for nappies but cms do not need this
    Put nappies in nappy sack and then another carrier bag and in your refuse bin...I mention this in my H&S policy and hygiene guidelines

Whatever procedures you use put in your policy and let parents read it and sign for it ...it will save you time at first meeting

It is up to you so do as you think is best for you...hope it helps?
    I think it helps Simona. So, to clarify, even though the statutory guidance is for childcare settings, childminders are exempt from following some of the guidelines. ?!?

Aug 94
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

I think it helps Simona. So, to clarify, even though the statutory guidance is for childcare settings, childminders are exempt from following some of the guidelines. ?!?
    This document is not a Statutory document but a Guidance document and indicates best practice. You do not have to do what it says.

18. Likes TabbyTuTu liked this post
    Simona Guest

Lal...just as RS says...it is best practice but not compulsory