Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    nov 08
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Help!! Im so behind!

Hi

I'm really behind on all my paperwork and really don't know where to start.

I have gotten behind just with looking after the children, family life and I found out I was pregnant too a few months ago.

Any advice to catch up would great

Thanks

Sept 14
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Can't help with specific stuff (not registered yet), but 1st of all calm down- it will be ok. Next write a list- in any order first, then sort by priority order, with deadlines if relevant. I like to write my lists in different colours and make a point of crossing stuff off when its done. Then set a bit of time aside each day to work through the list. I've found this has worked when I've had a 'headless chicken' sort of panic about too much to do/ catch up on and not knowing where to start.
    I'm sure a lovely person or 5 will be along soon to tell you which paperwork is most important.

3. Likes loocyloo, FloraDora liked this post
    oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

if you've got very far behind with your LJ etc, then stop. draw a line. write todays date and brief summary of where the child is/doing and what your plans are for that child. then take a few minutes each day/week to update.

its very easy to get behind with everything.

I try and keep up to date by having a list of 'to do' ... TODAY/EACH DAY ( visual risk assess/quick clean around , any observations as I see them), EACH WEEK ( write up LJs, next weeks planning/menus. list of expenses ), EACH MONTH ( invoices /accounts), 6 MTHLY ( summative assesments ), YEARLY ... ( Ofsted fees/PLI/ICO etc ) all can have as much or as little detail as you need.

I will say that at the end of feb I was more or less up to date with my accounts ... its now July and I am still no further forward! in fact - it is my job for tomorrow and nothing is going to distract me ( apart from a meeting with a parent and going to the bank! ) I do however, have my weekly expenses lists so hopefully it won't be tooo bad! as I want to get up to date with this years too!

good luck, and CONGRATULATIONS!

pre-reg
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Lal View Post
    Can't help with specific stuff (not registered yet), but 1st of all calm down- it will be ok. Next write a list- in any order first, then sort by priority order, with deadlines if relevant. I like to write my lists in different colours and make a point of crossing stuff off when its done. Then set a bit of time aside each day to work through the list. I've found this has worked when I've had a 'headless chicken' sort of panic about too much to do/ catch up on and not knowing where to start. I'm sure a lovely person or 5 will be along soon to tell you which paperwork is most important.
    Second this xxx

Nov 13
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Brilliant news !
    Great advice so far...

Lj - if you are really far behind...start from last week..then if you ever get time, you can do a photograph/ odd obs to fill the gap. Just start from now...then you will feel positive...

I can pm you some examples if it is your SeF... May make it quicker with some examples to base yours own.

Best thing though, as others have said ...write a list of priorities ..it won't seem so daunting once its written down, transferring your worries to paper is good therapy.

But....your biggest priorities at the moment is you...the early stages make you exhausted sometimes...you will reach a stage where you become superwoman ...then you can catch up on everything!

Great times ahead......xx