Risk Assessment for a dog?
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  4
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Risk Assessment for a dog?

E are picking our new puppy up in a few minutes, just wondered what I should cover within my risk assessment for him please? Thanks x

Registered Childminder since
    Nov 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Risk of disease at front and rear of product. Front end and all 4 corners of base are sharp.

I suspect if it were a toy, British Standards would forbid children to play with it.

3. Likes ajc, loocyloo liked this post
    sep 05
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

Keep a record of the dogs immunisations and treatments ie fleas/worming etc.
    Put in place a plan of action, how you separate the dog from the children, toileting, food.
    How you would deal with a child who was frightened of dogs.
    Include any other points you would consider, for example, I say that I do not always keep my dog separate but I only allow her near children who understand how to treat her and not if I have babies/very lively children in the space.
    Enjoy your new addition!

Aug 94
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

How are you keeping the puppy safe?

How are you keeping the children safe?

Garden - checking before each time the children go out to play if the dog has been in the garden

Vets - immunisations/fleas/vet number
    Debbie

Post Thanks / Like

Great thank you

I'm very house proud so this pup is living the life of luxury I'm cleaning up after him and he is crate trained but I don't want to keep him locked up as it's not fair and this is his home too.
    Obv I have gates to separate the living room, kitchen and playroom so he won't be around the children when playing or eating but I would like and of course with parents permission for them all to get along and have a good relationship.
    Would it be a good idea to get parents permission to allow their child contact with him? X

Sept 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by littlepumpkins View Post
    Great thank you

I'm very house proud so this pup is living the life of luxury I'm cleaning up after him and he is crate trained but I don't want to keep him locked up as it's not fair and this is his home too.
    Obv I have gates to separate the living room, kitchen and playroom so he won't be around the children when playing or eating but I would like and of course with parents permission for them all to get along and have a good relationship.
    Would it be a good idea to get parents permission to allow their child contact with him? X
    Personally I don't ask parents permission but then again I have always had dogs so all the children with me came to me when I already had a dog / dogs. I would write up a policy detailing all the above points people have mentioned and explain that children will have supervised access if they wish to. Give a copy of it to all your parents. It sounds awful but I try not to ask parents permission for anything, it can end up being too difficult. Parents need to trust that I have their childrens best interests at heart and trust me to keep them safe.

xxxx

8. Likes Rachyp liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by AliceK View Post
    Personally I don't ask parents permission but then again I have always had dogs so all the children with me came to me when I already had a dog / dogs. I would write up a policy detailing all the above points people have mentioned and explain that children will have supervised access if they wish to. Give a copy of it to all your parents. It sounds awful but I try not to ask parents permission for anything, it can end up being too difficult. Parents need to trust that I have their childrens best interests at heart and trust me to keep them safe. xxxx

That's very true, I'm not registered yet as awaiting my pre-reg should be VERY soon.

Il add a policy to my others then and risk assess. Both parents I have waiting are ok with me having a dog as they have them too

Thanks for your comment it made great sense x

10. Likes AliceK liked this post