Likes Likes:  1
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Doctors details

Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Doctors details

Hi everyone

Do we need to take doctors details when a child starts? I can't see anywhere that its a requirement but know childmindings who have these details on their 'All about me' forms.

Thankyou
    Shell x

Registered Childminder since
    Mar 04
    Post Thanks / Like

I have mindees doctors details and can see a use for it, if you need emergency medical advice or treatment.

When I have taken my own children to A&E when booking them in they confirm name, address, etc... and always ask for GP details, it may be a cross reference reason because people can change GP and I am not sure if the NHS is so up to date!! People move about a lot for whatever reason And generally incidents/accidents are forwarded to the G.P. as part of professionals working together and safeguarding. This would be a reason I would give if challenged.

Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Thankyou Koala

I'm going to add doctors details onto my forms. In the case of an emergency then the more details we have to pass on to other professionals the better
    Shell x

4. Likes Koala liked this post