Likes Likes:  4
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Default Required policies and procedures - updated 12.2014

**CHILDMINDER QUESTION** which Policies and Procedures MUST we have in writing and which are recommended?

**Reply updated 25.01.2018**

You must have – in writing – to share with parents during induction – regularly updated –

Safeguarding and Child Protection Policy and Procedures – this must include -
    - Reporting information from your Local Safeguarding Children Board (LSCB)
    - Mobile phone and camera policy
    - Your procedure if you are worried a child is being abused
    - Your procedure if an allegation is made
    - Failure to collect procedures – what you will do if parents do not arrive to collect their child
    - Missing child procedures - your procedures if you lose a child

You will find writing guidance here -
    Account Login - Childcare.co.uk.

Complaints Procedures – writing guidance here - Sarahs complaints form.

Further policies and procedures which are best practice to have in writing include –

- Accident, injury and first aid procedures

- Admission policy – required by some Local Authorities if you have funded children.

- Behaviour management including information about biting, bullying and physical intervention procedures.

- Confidentiality – this might be re-named Privacy Notice with the introduction of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) from May 2018 – I am working on guidance.

- Emergency evacuation of the premises – how you get yourself and all the children out in an emergency. You might want to put a floor plan with emergency exits highlighted with this (your choice).

- E-safety – how you keep children safe online. You should also share information with parents about keeping children safe online at home.

- Health and safety – including information about risk assessment, no smoking, visitor safety etc.

- Healthy eating - you can, if you find it useful, attach a menu. You need to be able to inform parents – if asked – which of the 14 most common allergens were in their child’s food – you can, if you find it helpful, add this information to your menu.

- Illness and infection control procedures – link to the latest Public Health England advice (Dec 2017) and note where your policies differ from the guidance –
    Health protection in schools and other childcare facilities - GOV.UK.

- Medication administration procedures

- Inclusion – Special educational needs and disabilities (SEND). Note that some Local Authorities are also asking cms to write a SEND Local Offer – you will find writing advice here - SEND Documents.

- Working in partnership policy – partnership with parents and partnership with other settings / agencies to support a child.

I wouldn’t work without a comprehensive Fees Policy either!

If you are a Childcare.co.uk member you will find sample Policies and Procedures here - Childminder Policies & Procedures - Sample Documents - Childcare.co.uk.

I hope that clarifies
    Last edited by sarah707; 25-01-2018 at 08:01 AM.

2. Likes Rick, hectors house, catlyn, Terri Cook liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up

Hi just wanted to say thank you have been a child-minder for a long time but its nice to get reminded now and then
    thanks
    Terri x

Dec 15
    Post Thanks / Like

Default policies and procedures

Hi,
    i just wondered if anybody has any ideas or promts about writting an over night care chilminding policy/procedure.
    i had a quick look on the link sarah put on here but couldn't find anything.
    cheers
    from aquabee

June 07
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by aquabee View Post
    Hi,
    i just wondered if anybody has any ideas or promts about writting an over night care chilminding policy/procedure.
    i had a quick look on the link sarah put on here but couldn't find anything.
    cheers
    from aquabee

Yes I am after the same thing if anyone can help