Likes Likes:  2
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    Dec 13
    Non childminder member
    Parent
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Help please lovelies.......

I might have funded 2 year old polish (I think) twins starting soon! I am new to childminding so quite daunting! Would you put both on one contract or separate? What sort of activities would you plan? Obviously I have to look into their cultural background etc eeeek don't know where to start xxx

Jul 10
    Post Thanks / Like

Separate contracts.

Get used to thinking of them as individuals and plan activities with that in mind.

Get lots of info from parents about what they are interested in and what they can do and plan activities based around that at first.

Regarding the Polish culture - again ask parents for common polish words you may need, e.g. Mummy, Daddy, Food, Drink, etc. How do they incorporate the culture? Do they have snack/meal ideas? Have they been to Poland recently? Any photos they could share?

Do some research on the internet about Polish festivals and culture.

I made a French number line for my mindee - the numbers with objects on them from the French culture, e.g. food, coins, map of France, flag, etc. I also added labels in French around the setting. I printed out some French emotion cards, colour snap, etc. I also spoke to my Development Worker who gave me lots of advice!

Hopefully others will have more ideas.

3. Likes sarah707, Kerry84 liked this post
    Dec 13
    Non childminder member
    Parent
    Post Thanks / Like

Thank you that is really helpful :-)