Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    Jan12
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Default a plea for help....

Hi i was wondering if everyone can help please- my laptop broke - my hard drive needed replacing - the pc company tried to get all off my data off it before they wiped the hard drive to fix it but failed. So i was wondering (and pleading) if anyone could tell me what documents i need in order to comply with ofsted - i have lost over 2 years worth of documents so i am completely gutted. But more importantly feel exposed to ofsted randomly inspecting me and i dont have any documents that they are asking for . TIA x

may 05
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Had you given copies of your policies to the parents? - could you ask for a set back so you could re-type them as if you are like me, you will have used other policies from either PACEY, Bromley or here and tweaked/amended to fit your setting so not easy to re-do. Don't know what else you may have had saved - info about New EYFS, info for parents about 2 year development check, link to local safeguarding board documents "What to do if you think a child is being abused", do you have a hard copy of Development matters or was that saved on laptop? Did you have planning documents, observations on it or do you hand write those? What about your accounts?
    Just suggesting things that I have on mine - going to find my memory stick and back up NOW as haven't done it for about a month! What about photos - were they on laptop too?

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

There are lots of free help and advice documents in files to start you off... if you've bought anything from me send me a message and I will let you have updates ... Good advice about asking parents if they have anything you can re-type...

and from now on back everything up - skydrive, dropbox etc are free.

Hugs xx

May 13
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Here's a link to the ofsted factsheet "Requirements for written documents: childminders delivering the EYFS"
    Ofsted | Factsheet: childcare - Requirements for written documents: childminders delivering the Early Years Foundation Stage

and requirements for the childcare register:
    Ofsted | Factsheet: childcare - Requirements for the Childcare Register: childminders and home childcarers

But bear in mind that some inspectors are expecting more than this.

Sept 12
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Great advice and info posted below so sending hugs on top of that! Bet you're gutted, but there is a way to sort it as the fab ladies below have shown xx
    Kelly xx

Aug 12
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good - YAY!
    Post Thanks / Like

Big hugs, nightmare scenario :|
    Fingers crossed you get some back from parents, and it doesn't take too long to recreate the rest!

Jan12
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Thank you everyone for the reply - I am gutted not only in regards to childminding but have been planning my wedding for the last 16 months and that's all gone too ow well no point crying over spilt milk got lots of work ahead of me- thank you so much for all ur help x

pre-reg
    Post Thanks / Like

That's awful. I really recommend dropbox for backing up stuff it is really simple. Maybe also copy stuff onto an external hard drive monthly in the future. I hope you manage to recover something from parents. Also if you have ever emailed documents to people make sure to check your sent folder I have recovered things that way before.