Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: child leaving

Registered Childminder since
    Pre-reg
    Post Thanks / Like

Default child leaving

Hi guys, just a couple of questions i'm hoping someone might be able to answer for me. I started childminding in September, and took on a 3 year old for just 2 hours a week, with the promise of more hours in future. However since he's not with me a great deal i've been keeping a basic learning journey for him and been doing general but basic observations. However the mum has just told me that they're moving out of the area in feb so won't need me anymore. My question is, Ofsted advised me during my pre reg that they'd probably be doing the grading visit in March. the only other children i have at the minute are school children who are not in the eyfs, so, if i haven't managed to find any more EYFS children by March, will ofsted still come? Will they want to see evidence of my obs and planning etc for a child who left the month prior?

on a similar note, I have agreed to look after my best friends son as a favour from 5 until 6 on a tuesday evening. I have the space at the minute and because she does a lot for me, and babysits my ds at the drop of a hat, i've told her i won't charge her for this hour, which i'm happy with. For that reason we don't have a contract in place. But my question is, do I still need to do Obs and planning for him? will ofsted still see it as a child i'm caring for so therefore will have to be treated the same as other paying children?

Pre-reg
    Post Thanks / Like

Anybody?

Dec 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good ;-)
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

They won't want to see anything for a child that has left unless you have other children on your books that your planning also relates to.
    If you don't have any EYFS children by the time you get the call, you can tell them and they will put off your inspection until you let them know you do.
    Alternatively you can still be inspected but would obviously receive a low grading if you aren't able to evidence anything

The friends child would only count in your numbers if you were already working during the hours they attend, but you wouldn't need to do any obs as they are not a contracted child.